Best Protein Powder for Women

Options
Can i get some recommendations here? I am looking for a fairly inexpensive protein powder for women. Typically I like vanilla...but i have seen some "milk chocolate" versions that I might be interested in trying...wonder too if anywhere has samples?

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    If you want a good tasting one, go with Optimum Nutrition
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Aria for women - it's very low in calories (80 calories for two scoops!) and it's specifically formulated for women. I always have a shake after a intense weight training workout.

Oh and it comes in vanilla and chocolate :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Anything except SOY! I use Kaizen Whey Protein Powder, purchased from Netrition.com
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Definitely optimum nutrition. I typically gag with protein shakes, but I can handle Optimum's 100% whey in Delicious Strawberry.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I dont think "cheap" and "protein powder" really go well together, at least with my experience. However, YOR Health is where Im getting my new stuff, and its about the same price as some of the stuff you buy at the Vitamin stores, but the ingredients are in general better for you.

They have vanilla. :laugh: :laugh:
  • AslansMeadow
    Options
    Bodylogix...at Meijer. It's low calories, and comes in delicious flavors like vanilla ice cream, chocolate, and strawberry banana!!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you want a good tasting one, go with Optimum Nutrition

Agreed! I have Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Really easy to drink, usually between 110 and 120 cals a scoop and 24g protein. Comes in a ton of flavours, not too expensive either :)
  • timplar
    timplar Posts: 19
    Options
    Look into BSN products. They make a Protein Meal Replacement shake that is perfect for women. It is called Lean Dessert. It comes in an red container. All vitamin stores carry it. They have multiple flavors and they all taste great. No chalky after taste. You can simple mix it with cold water and have a great shake. One of the best in the world and I know, I have tried at least 60 brands.
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein Vanilla (100% Whey). I also use (and like) the single serving packets of Designer Whey's Protein to Go Orange Mango flavor. The single servings are perfect for throwing together in between classes at the gym or right before you head home. :)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I don't do powder but friends who do really like Jay Robb, mixes well and can be sprinkled on cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc to add protein to add meal. I prefer the Premier Protein shakes.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'm a pure protein fan as well as it doesn't have a ton of carbs in it. It's fairly in expensive and has vanilla and chocolate. Look at their website and there's a $1 off coupon and I find it onsale a fair amount at CVS drug stores in my area.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% whey - Vanilla - I love using it in my own smoothies and I don't really notice a taste. At first it was tough for me to stomach but I love it now. I get most of my stuff from bodybuilding.com.
  • Tuplatano
    Tuplatano Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Super Advanced Whey Protein from Body Fortress they sell it a Walmart for about $15 for 2LBS. It's really good for the price. I normally buy the Vanilla. One scoop 140 Cals, 2G of Fat, 3 G Carbs.

I agreed with the other posters, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey got a lot of positive review it cost a little more but taste great. I just ordered a 5 LBS of the Chocolate Coconut powder from http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/ , They have the best prices. Then next one will be bodybuilding.com.