Has anyone tried Shirataki Noodles?????

Options
I'm always on the hunt for new low-cal foods that are delish...and since I LOVE pasta....I'm wondering if these are worth a try?? Has anyone had them??? What are your thoughts???

Replies

• keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    i eat them occasionally... weird texture, but flavor is fine as long as you rinse very well and boil for 1-2 min.
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    I kinda like 'em. but I like konyaku noodles better. They taste better.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    yes, and the word yuck doesn't quite describe it!
  • Omicron
    Omicron Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I bought some but am kind of scared to try them. Not sure what I want to make with them first, might tray an Asian noodle dish, maybe they won't taste as weird then.
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    They were very very strange to me. If you really like tofu, you might like them. I just didnt like the consistance of them. And they smell terrible so make sure you rinse them.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    They are strange, but I really like them, we drain them, rinse, and then sautee in either a little olive oil or sesame oil, and some green onions.....sometimes we throw things like shrimp into it as well, so good!
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    They are strange, but I really like them, we drain them, rinse, and then sautee in either a little olive oil or sesame oil, and some green onions.....sometimes we throw things like shrimp into it as well, so good!

Where do you buy them from?
    I can't find them anywhere!!!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Where the heck do you find these??? I was looking for them and can't seem to find them...
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I buy them online, I think the place is called Asiangrocer.com
    They have everything! I also buy Miso paste, which makes miso soup, curry sauces...YUM!
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    they are weird rubbery. they squeak when you bite them. I swear. Rinse very very very well. do not breathe in when you open the package. they smell horrid. but I ate them like spaghetti, worked just fine. if you have texture issues, find something else.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I use them in stir fry. Rinse well, boil. Dry. Then stir fry with shrimp and veggies. Yum.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I found them at a local health food store, in the refrigerated section.
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No, but I want to! Here's a link I just found with lots of info on shirataki and konyakku both... http://www.justhungry.com/2007/01/konnyaku_and_shirataki_ojftmhy.html
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Miracle Noodle shirataki pasta at netrition.com is where I found them...just haven't tried them yet!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I love them...I brown ground chicken, add rotel & then the noodles. Sprinkle cheese on top & it's a great dinner.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Where the heck do you find these??? I was looking for them and can't seem to find them...

I've seen them around the net... you can buy them off Amazon.
  • obradovichm
    Options
    Rocco Dispirito calls for them in some of his recipes and highly recommends them, as they are almost calorie-less and much better for you than standard pasta.

I have yet to find them in any store I've gone into, though, including Whole Foods. I dunno what gives.
  • myinneroasis
    Options
    Yes and they ROCK!!!! I eat them all the time. You have to rinse them and boil them for like a minute. They will take on whatever flavor you put on them. They do have like a calamari texture but I like that. It is definitely worth a try. More filling with 0 calories.
    I am a noodle lover and the fact that after years I can have them again. Yes! I am happy with that.
    Good luck to you. :)
    amanda
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I suggest asian dishes for shirataki noodles. If you want a more traditional pasta alternative try pasta slim http://www.pulmuonewildwood.com/noodle.asp I found them at my local health food store. But like the shirataki suggestions, rinse well, pat them dry, and then heat them in a frying pan with alfredo sauce and chicken! YUM