Craziest weightloss attempt???

Options
Did you ever have a time where you were willing to hurt yourself to get thinner?! Sometimes I miss smoking, I was so thin back then!!! I AM NOT STARTING AGAIN! I just think about those days and food was just not an issue! I lived off Camel lights :) It just made me wonder what other people have done or tried to lose weight?!

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Convincing myself I had a wheat allergy so I wouldn't eat anything refined. That was soooo messed. lol.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    Oh yeah when I was a teen I tried to not eat all day, eat one meal a day. Anorexic type thinking.
    Once I tried ephedra-Hydroxy cut, it worked until I had to move up to 2 pills, then I felt real bad, my heart was off with it's beating or something, it felt terrible so I quit.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have thought of taking DNP or Clenbuterol/T-3 to reach 5-6% bodyfat. I have some pro body builder friends that have done it but man do they say some scary stuff about DNP. If you dont know how much to take you can literally cook your brain or just straight overdose and die.

http://www.steroid.com/DNP.php

I have seen my friend on it and all he did was take a month off from work with his vacation time work out very lightly with no cardio at all and super light weights and eat like mad and play video games and watch movies. He said he wasn't even strong enough to have sex and he would walk around like he was carrying the frame of a 400lb man when he was 250 5% body fat.

and he had the complexion of a zombie to boot.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I've never done a 'quick fix' diet approach or anything like that. But I do have the tendency to start working out really hard without ever giving my body a day to rest and many times I have ended up pushing myself to the point that I hurt myself, then can't work out for a couple of weeks. And during that time I lose interest and don't go back to working out.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    it was smoking for me to or i thought theri comes a point where you will gain weight no matter if you smoke or not it really comes down to being active and eating heathy
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah when I was a teen I tried to not eat all day, eat one meal a day. Anorexic type thinking.
    Once I tried ephedra-Hydroxy cut, it worked until I had to move up to 2 pills, then I felt real bad, my heart was off with it's beating or something, it felt terrible so I quit.

In college i was up to 4 pills at a time but god would my stomach hurt. I would sometimes double over in pain. This was the Xenadrine from like 13-14 years ago too with the real stuff in it. Im pretty sure thats why stimulants dont work for me anymore.
  • nlhawthorne
    Options
    Gave myself food poisoning doing the cabbage soup diet (unintentionally!). That was extreme and very unpleasant lol.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I once heard and tried taking a shot of apple cider vinager with each meal. It was supposed to make it so any fat eaten couldn't be processed. Didn't work, tasted gross.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Veganisim... wich lead to anorexia!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    trimspa diet pills, 700calories a day would stuff me to the point of wanting to puke (a 1/2cup spaghetti sauce with 3/4th cup of noodles and id be on the floor next to the couch grabbing my stomach i was soo full i coudlnt stand it). I lost 30lbs in 1.5weeks... hit a plateu and couldnt loose anymore and then about a week later the pills werent working for me the same so i stopped taking them since they werent working and gained back all the weight, plus an extra 35.
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Just worked out too hard, too long, and with too much tension on the machines. I ended up with a herniated navel and set myself back months. Lord, don't ever do that. I would honestly compare those first few minutes after I did it to childbirth. It hurts that much.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Dr. Bernsteins, lost 60 pounds in 3 months, I was eating 600 calories a day, passing out all over the place, scary thing is I was stupid enough to do it twice! 2nd time I had to lose the 60 I gained back plus 20 more!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    when I was in grad school and actually did NOT need to lose any weight, I thought I needed to drop 15 pounds to be model thin so I did the Slim-fast thing for about a month AND worked out like an hour a day (not sure how I had that energy) I lost the 15 pounds...but I would never do it again. The stuff tasted terrible and I was always hungry...
  • deh1974
    deh1974 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats keep it up
  • lesiaatkinson
    Options
    I would go days without eating.... Now I wonder how I could have done that!!! I love food way too much now:love::love:
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've never done a 'quick fix' diet approach or anything like that. But I do have the tendency to start working out really hard without ever giving my body a day to rest and many times I have ended up pushing myself to the point that I hurt myself, then can't work out for a couple of weeks. And during that time I lose interest and don't go back to working out.
    I have to admit that I am guilty of overdoing it...hubby says I'm obsessed. I don't lose interest though-but hubby wishes I would sometimes :laugh:
    I also used to eat just once a day.:noway:
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Probably 2 years ago I wanted to lose a couple pounds before summer vacation. So I tried to burn most of the calories I ate in a day, I lost like 4 pounds. To my surprise after coming back from my vacation I had lost around 10 pounds.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Probably the craziest thing I've ever done trying to lose weight was that 3-day diet where you basically starve yourself by eating like 300 calories all day. I've never been more cranky in my life than when I tried that, and I think I lost like half a pound. It's amazing how quick people are to try insane diet programs, take pills, etc., all because nobody wants to accept that losing weight and, more importantly, keeping it off takes a long time and a lot of effort.

I work with a woman who had the LAP band procedure done, and she nearly died. They ended up having to remove the band and cut out 3/4 of her stomach because of the damage that was done. I asked her why she did it (considering she only had about 50 lbs to lose), and she said she knew it was the only way she'd be able to lose weight because she'd never be able to stick to diet and exercise. I just find it incredibly sad that people don't believe more in themselves and don't think they deserve better. I get it because I used to think that way. But now it just saddens me to see other people treat their bodies that way.
  • briejepson
    Options
    Used to only eat 500 calories a day
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I wanted to go on the lemonade diet so bad,but my mother wouldn't let me. I was so mad at her, but now I'm thankful she didn't :).
    What would the world be without mothers?:love: