oprah today

Options
Did anyone else watch Oprah today. She had Ali and Mark on from the biggest loser. They also showed some of them who had gained back the weight.
They were also saying how the women are on 1200 calorie and the men are on 1600. They burn over 4000 calories aday working out..wow I would die of a heart attack. That must be so hard for them when they have to come back to real life and try to keep there weight off. Got to give all of them alot of credit.
The show was great.

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else watch Oprah today. She had Ali and Mark on from the biggest loser. They also showed some of them who had gained back the weight.
    They were also saying how the women are on 1200 calorie and the men are on 1600. They burn over 4000 calories aday working out..wow I would die of a heart attack. That must be so hard for them when they have to come back to real life and try to keep there weight off. Got to give all of them alot of credit.
    The show was great.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The show was great.

Unfortunately even though I posted about it here so I'd remember to watch today... I got home from the gym too late to catch the show:sad:

So I did see maybe the last 5 minutes or so of it..... what's the deal with SUSIE? Something about her getting 5 more seconds...is what Bob said....and she said no 5 more weeks? She looked like she gained (is that what they were giving her a hard time about???) but she was on video and I was only able to see part of the show...so that's all I know.

Bummer on the gaining the weight back on those that did. All that hard work and being in the public eye would make it more stressful gaining it back I imagine.

What else did they talk about? Like which folks were on today etc??
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Sadly... I missed 3/4 of it because my boyfriend who was going to record it for me while I was at work... fell asleep! :explode:

Who gained beside the first winner? I think I missed the best and most informative part (the beginning) all I saw was ALOT of commercials.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Susie just had another baby, she had 2 within 15 months. She married (I cant remember his name) The football player that won the season she was on. He gained back 35 lbs but he lost over 150.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Susie just had another baby, she had 2 within 15 months. She married (I cant remember his name) The football player that won the season she was on. He gained back 35 lbs but he lost over 150.
    ah gotcha...makes sense now...wow 2 in 15 monthes...yikes that'd be scary after losing all that weight to feel ok about gaining a bit back with baby....

Thanks for the fill in:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    2 in 15 months isn't a trip I recommend to anyone...that's the reason I ended up here! LOL DS #1 07/2005, DS #2 11/2006, & DD 4/2008...that's 16 months between 1 & 2 & 17 months between 2 & 3...they weren't exactly "small" babies either. :grumble:

I wish I would have known about this episode! I'm having a hard time getting into this season b/c I'm not attached to any of them like I was to people like Ali, Mark & Susie. Oh, well. I'm sure it'll be on re-runs at some point.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    2 in 15 months isn't a trip I recommend to anyone...that's the reason I ended up here! LOL DS #1 07/2005, DS #2 11/2006, & DD 4/2008...that's 16 months between 1 & 2 & 17 months between 2 & 3...they weren't exactly "small" babies either. :grumble:

I wish I would have known about this episode! I'm having a hard time getting into this season b/c I'm not attached to any of them like I was to people like Ali, Mark & Susie. Oh, well. I'm sure it'll be on re-runs at some point.

I know it...I posted it here the other day or something and meant to hunt it down again this morning on here to bump it for anyone as well as myself to remember to watch....but...... :grumble: sigh .....oh well....over and done now.....haven't taken a look at the website, I think there might be something there... many of her shows often share a bit online.... I might check that...

But I do understand what you mean about this season... I think there seems to be so much drama and just doesn't seem like previous seasons.

I love that they are working hard and getting healthier but ARghhh I do hate the cattiness.. think that why the black team is more to my liking....seems like a more positive bunch.

I've liked Coleen since the beginning so other than her.... I dunno... be interesting since isn't it next episode or the one following that all the former players come back??? I saw the preview about it but am not sure if that's the same week they go solo as well?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    OOOhhh! I don't know! I seriously can't stand all the blah blah blah that I've hardly been watching it. Maybe I will when everyone comes back! Always makes it more interesting!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I watched it and loved it. I would suggest going to oprah.com and maybe you can watch the whole episode. :bigsmile: I have a DVR however I deleted it otherwise I could have recorded it and put it on somewhere for you guys to watch. :happy:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    The thing is, that BL is NOT the real world! You know, the world we al share, where we have to go to work, be with our families, pay bills, all that stuff. When you get on BL, they remove you from ytour environment, pay your bills,and have both a personal trainer, and a personal physician at you beck and call. It's no wonder they regain the weight after that! How's about BL trying to counsel ppl in the real world? Or about following up with ppl to show them that they can keep it off, and here's how! Until BL does that kinda stuff, I'm decidedly NOT a fan. :huh: :frown:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    The thing is, that BL is NOT the real world! You know, the world we al share, where we have to go to work, be with our families, pay bills, all that stuff. When you get on BL, they remove you from ytour environment, pay your bills,and have both a personal trainer, and a personal physician at you beck and call. It's no wonder they regain the weight after that! How's about BL trying to counsel ppl in the real world? Or about following up with ppl to show them that they can keep it off, and here's how! Until BL does that kinda stuff, I'm decidedly NOT a fan. :huh: :frown:

My sentiments exactly!
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just realized that this episode of Oprah is on right now on the Minnesota CBS station.. this isn't the greatest heads up.. sorry..
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I can't remember her name, but the last girl that was on, I really liked what she said about especially women being worth doing something for yourselves! It just really hit home because between the house and kids I feel I just don't have time or energy for me or my husband. It's just a reminder that however busy life gets to always take time for me!!