Green Smoothie ideas anyone?

Options
I'M about to make a Kale, green apple, frozen blueberry one in my fabulous Vitamix =))

Share with me your favorite green smoothie recipe please!!!

Replies

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    spinach, blueberries, unsweet almond milk, a frozen banana :)
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Spinach, yogurt, mangoes, coconut, and almond milk!
  • jaia07
    jaia07 Posts: 22
    Options
    Coooool, I never would have thought to put spinach in a smootie, thanks!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    aaaah. Interesting idea with the almond milk or yogurt... I woulda never thought to try adding that! Someone one said they put coconut milk in them too which sounds good!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My favorite post workout smoothie is 89 grams spinach, 140 grams frozen fruit medley from Costco (one is peach, pineapple, blueberry, strawberry and melons, the other is mango, papaya, pineapple and strawberries. I use one or the other.) 24 grams rich vanilla protein powder (MRM), 4-8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk and sometimes a handful of flax seed or a scoop of Amazing Greens (powdered super green stuff). It tastes like ice cream and it's so refreshing after a workout!

Another good one that I got from the Vitamix guy is spinach, a wedge of lime, slice of fresh pineapple, a whole orange with just the peel removed but not the pith (white part). I think he also used apple juice and/or honey to sweeten but I never used them. He did say you can add a scoop of protein powder to it but I always drink it without. This one is really yummy too.

If I do my post workout smoothie without the mixed fruit but toss in an orange instead it tastes like an orange dreamsicle with that vanilla powder. :)

Spinach, (or other greens) cocoa powder, a seedless date or two for sweetening and some blueberries, strawberries or banana (I skip the dates when I use banana) is really yummy too.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    That first one sounds awesome! Its funny too because MRM is my favorite protein powder and I use it everyday anyways lol
    Thanks!!! =))
  • sociable15
    Options
    1 cup of vanilla yoghurt
    1/2 to a full cup of frozen mango
    1 banana
    1 handful of baby spinach/spinach leaves.

Noms.