Bah-humbug to Halloween!

Options
I usually have a very depressing Halloween day because my mamaw died 10/31/01. We were VERY close..I held her hand as she died and it's the biggest loss I've ever had in my life..so this time of year is hard enough as it is...

I was determined to have a good day today so I started the day off GREAT--I got up at 4:30...did my 40 minute cardio video....cleaned the house like a mad woman...fixed myself a nice healthy veggie omelet & toast.--yum! So then I decided to eat ONE piece of Halloween candy! Umm....somehow that ONE did not register in my brain and I ended up with 790 calories worth of CANDY! I'm totally disgusted but I'm trying really hard to not let this sabotage the rest of my day..

So thanks for listening to my whine.....anyway..bah-humbug to Halloween.!

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I usually have a very depressing Halloween day because my mamaw died 10/31/01. We were VERY close..I held her hand as she died and it's the biggest loss I've ever had in my life..so this time of year is hard enough as it is...

I was determined to have a good day today so I started the day off GREAT--I got up at 4:30...did my 40 minute cardio video....cleaned the house like a mad woman...fixed myself a nice healthy veggie omelet & toast.--yum! So then I decided to eat ONE piece of Halloween candy! Umm....somehow that ONE did not register in my brain and I ended up with 790 calories worth of CANDY! I'm totally disgusted but I'm trying really hard to not let this sabotage the rest of my day..

So thanks for listening to my whine.....anyway..bah-humbug to Halloween.!
  • nursedebra2000
    Options
    Hang in there!!!! It was only one day and tomorrow will be better! Sorry to hear about your lose. I know how you feel! Don't let one binge get you down - if you do, you will get back in the vicious cycle we are all trying to avoid! I will keep you in my prayers!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    First of all, you don't do this EVERY day- don't beat yourself up, but if you feel up to it, exercise another 30-40 min today, maybe this afternoon. That will help kill out some of those calories!! It's still early in the day. I'll also be thinking of you-:flowerforyou:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!!! :flowerforyou: now that you have had your candy fix, you won't be tempted for more, and the day has just begun, finish it out with healthy choices and you will be just fine!!! Try not to dwell on it the rest of the day!!! Make it a good one:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost family on, or next to Holidays too. but I have decided that they wouldn't want me to let that one still painful memory spoil a wonderful time! My Birth Mother dies a year ago July 4th, so we decided that she "went out with a bang". Hey, it's her sense of humor too!
    anyways, hugz and luvya baybee! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:

I'm having a rough day, as well, but that has more to do with sleep deprivation and just straight up grouchiness....and I found out my 16 year old dog has to be put down......so it's a crappy day. No where near your pain, but still crappy.

:cry:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    :frown: I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree to not let this one binge get you down. I hope your day gets better. :smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. {{{hug}}}. Enjoy your candy. It will make you feel better.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.

I bet if you do a little more cardio you'll feel better and burn off some of those extra calories. That's something that I know - I have no wll power to stop my self if I start-I bought candy that I don't like so I am not tempted.

Smile - today is a beautiful day...starting NOW!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I do feel much better now!! I did some strength training and some more cardio and that made a huge difference in how I feel. Thank you all so very much for all of your kind words!:flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I did the same thing! I woke up in the middle of the night last night and ate two packs of m&m's and all day at the office we have had tons of candy sitting right in my face.