C25K- W5D3-20min run -ADVICE PLEASE!

Options
I was so proud of completing W5D2 on Tuesday and was REALLY excited to complete the 20 min run (W5D3) today! BUT, I only made it to 10 min and had to walk 3 times throughout the last 10 min. Grrr...:grumble: Here is my question: Do I try to redo W5, redo W5D3 or move onto W6D1. I looked ahead and am confident I can manage W6D1 ~ but should I move on if I haven't completed the W5D3 20 min run??? Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options
    Oh thats a Great Question.. I want to know the answer too just in case --
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Do what you're comfortable with! If you are okay with moving on, go for it. I've done the week 3 run 5 or 6 times so far, and I still see no moving out of it until i can finish that last 3 minute run without wanting to die. :)
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I would say redoing Week 5 is the best way to go about it. Definitely don't go on with the program, it's progressive and you'll struggle later on if you couldn't handle everything before it. It's worth the extra time to go back.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd repeat week 5. Week 6 Day 1 does seem easier that W5D3, but you've got to keep in mind that you're building up for something. If you go on, what do you think will happen with W6D3?

Complete the week satisfactorily, THEN move on.

Just keep with it! That 20 minute run is a hard one to get past, but once you do, it's smooth sailing.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - think I'll repeat week 5!
  • Larry1369
    Larry1369 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks everyone - think I'll repeat week 5!

Absolutely, and you can also try slowing your pace a little so you can go the full 20.

Good luck