All the buzz...Avocado Chocolate Mousse..any thoughts

Options
So I've been hearing a lot about this recipe. It was on Rachael Ray yesterday too. Anyone ever try it? Any thoughts?

Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Prep Time: 10 minutes

* 4 Ripe Organic Avocados
* 1 Cup of Sweetener
* 1 Tbls of Pure Vanilla Extract
* 1 Cup Cocoa Powder

Slice each avocado open and scoop out the insides. Place the inside in a food processor or blender. Next add the sweetener, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Blend or process the mixture until fully blended. The mixture should be smooth and the color of chocolate. You can instantly serve the mousse, however we recommend you let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour. Serve in cups with fresh fruit or mint. Some of our favorite fruits we like to add are strawberries, raspberries, bananas, and sometimes pineapple! Now put your fears behind and delve into this delectable, healthy, and cooling summer dessert!

Replies

• justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love avacados but I don't know............let us know if you try em.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I think I would like it...but be my guinea pig. :smile:
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    mmmm... I love both. will have to try this! Thanks
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Triguy83
    Triguy83 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have made it but got the recipe from a RAW Vegan food website and it is AMAZING!!! I LOVE BEING A VEGAN!!! sub the sweetner and add a couple frozen bananas instead. thats what i did.
  • MandyC82
    MandyC82 Posts: 73
    Options
    Interesting! I'm gonna try it.
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    interesting indeed...
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hey thanks for the banana tip. I'm not a fan of sweeteners.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am interested in desserts with avocados as well. If you go to avocada.org, they have a ton of dessert recipes that look good. I saved a bunch in case I want to be adventurous some time :wink:
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I will be making this one :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ugh the combo makes me think pickles and peanutbutter YUCK
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I love avocadoes, but...I don't know about aovcadoes and chocolate together. :huh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I have recently been traumatized by some of the recipes on this site.... Driven back to donuts and McDonalds bc I was scarred by the taste of "healthy " recipes. I'll pass on tjis! Lol!!! I know, probably my loss... ;)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bump-I have to try this---even if its just to SAY I did it! :)
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • carguy42503
    carguy42503 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love avocados but this sounds bizarre... however, I believe my curiosity will win out. I think I'll be making a small batch to try before I go for the full recipe though...
  • charstarak
    Options
    A friend of mine had a similar recipe, but added bananas....! I'm definitely gonna try for breakfast soon!
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Sounds freaky!!! lol Great healthy foods deserve a chance though....wanted to respond to be able to look back on it!
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    looks interesting!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sometimes avocado has a really bad after taste. I can't figure out what kind/how to avoid this- I've tried making desserts with avocado and if you end up with the ones that have this rancid flavor afterward it is all trash- effort, ingredients and excitement. So sad.

Could be so good, or could be so bad : (