weight loss question

Options
Hi .....we are new...both hubby & I have joined. My question is ...we have done weight watchers in the past. it was great......why is it that my husband who weighs quite a bit more than me and needs to lose more than me is alloted 1200 calories a day and so am I. Don't men require more calories?I

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i guess it would depend on his size?
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    yes, up his to 1400-1500
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    If he was alloted more points on WW, then def up his calories 1500 sounds about right.

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-
    ticker]6389135.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • slots1958
    slots1958 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try going through the steps again. My husband got way more calories than I did.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Double check his info and make sure you clicked the right gender, and other info. Might have just been an error entering it in.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    you better make sure that he chose the male sex option instead of the female sex option so that it would get caulated right.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Its all subject to height, weight, activity levels etc, but 1200 for a man does seem very low.

At 5'11" and 232 pounds, I need 2150 calories and an active lifestyle to lose 1.5 lbs a week.
  • 2xironman
    Options
    It all depends on goals and how much exercise you do. I have never done WW or know how they calc your calorie intake, but I would assume it is based on what you want to weight and the amount of activity you do.

If it is just a number taken out of the air than they should be different.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    what did you both mark for you daily activity levels? that impacts it a lot i think.
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    He might have put a faster pace of weight loss when he did his. IF he put in 2 pounds/week and you put in 1 that might do it.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I agree, double check his settings.
  • Dutchausican
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just started yesterday, and I am going to do this. This website makes it so easy and exciting. Makes me feel accountable and seeing it on "paper" sure does help! Good luck to everyone.... I'll be back!:smile: