kinda embarassing but i have to know...

dixiejeep
dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
For anyone on a low calorie diet, do you guys have trouble going #2? :laugh: its horrible, but i just cant go...and i dont wanna make a habit of taking laxatives....any suggestions???

Replies

• spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Drink a cup of coffee first thing in the AM on an empty stomach! Works for me everytime.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    i don't know from experience but i've heard that incorporating something that is a bit fattier like salmon into the diet is supposed to help... move things along so to speak. :happy:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Fiber One bars - or other high fiber items... also lots of water - I have also had the issue - usually eat a Fiber bar or two and it helps - plus the water too.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    eat a few prunes every day... make sure you get fresh fruit and vegies every day and it will happen. if you hate prunes, a few dried apricots or something.

i find it doesn't happen as often, because i'm eating half the quantity of food that i was, but as long as you keep eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg, it'll sort itself out.
  • lots of water and maybe probiotics
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Yep, high fiber, high water. I take Mg too.
  • A glass of milk / coffee with milk usually helps a lot. Incorporating more fruits/vegis will also help.
  • Eat more fiber and drink more water.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I think it's awesome. I hardly need toilet paper.:laugh:
  • dixiejeep
    Yep, high fiber, high water. I take Mg too.

whats Mg?
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    u need more fiber in your diet... try fiber one! its so good
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    actually, when I started my diet, I had this issue. I would eat a Fiber One bar or Fiber One yogurt for breakfast and by lunch I was fine :0) Anything with 5 grams of fiber in it for breakfast will work actually...mark my word!!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    milk of magnesium?
  • dixiejeep
    thank you all. i didnt know who else to ask!:flowerforyou:
  • tdexter
    tdexter Posts: 15
    1/3 cup of plain natural yoghurt (not Activia) in the morning. I couldn't face a probiotic or MgO every day. The live yoghurt has been perfect for me
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Ive had the same problem with piles, but i prefer natural ways,

Warm water with lemon and honey after you wake up.
    More fiber in the food.
    try cutting down on food that has preservative.
    multivitamin and fish oil everyday+atleast 8 pints warm water everyday.

not sure if youre into yoga, yo can try doing pavanmuktasana
    Taking 2 table spoon of almond oil/edeible castor oil in milk before sleeping, clears bowel next morning without any difficulty.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Laxatives will mess your system up even more. It is very common to have less frequent bowel movements when you reduce your food intake. It's just the nature of it - less in = less out. However, as everyone else said, increasing fiber intake and drinking a lot of water will help. Fruits and veggies help too.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    YES! *sigh* X-(
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Are you tracking fiber in your food diary? If not, I recommend adding it. Also, MFP's default for fiber is dreadfully low. Aim for 25-35 grams per day.
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180 Member
    I've had problems in this area most of my life. Now that I'm eating healthier it has improved a lot.

Currently I take Renew Life's Ultimate Flora Probiotic(they make several different ones this is the one that works for me though)

I take my fish oil at night (my dr told me that's the best time to take it....and I have no fishy burps either since doing this).

I also take Natural Calm powdered/fizzy Magneisum at night. It's the BEST on the market!

Before EVERY meal I take Enzymedica Digest Enzymes. They assist your body in digesting the food that you eat.

I make sure and drink LOTS of water as well.

ALL of these help my digestion tremdously.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.