diabetes info needed

mrsstefguerrero
mrsstefguerrero Posts: 8
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello every one,

I just recently joined myfitness to try and tone up for summer. The log is really helping me be more conscious of what I'm eating. But ive really never monitored carbs and things like that. However, my brother in law was just advised that he has type two diabetes, and since me and my husband eat with him on a regular bases I would love anyones imput on recipes or foods that could help me when needing to have good food on hand for him. Any info would be appreciated :)

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    He will be getting some instruction in controlling his diet. He will be limiting his carbohydrate intake (probably not enough) and even more importantly, trying to keep it fairly consistent. You might want to look at some lower carb recipes and also see what materials the diabetes educator or dietician has given him.
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    http://www.dlife.com/

I am a type 2 Diabetic. I am a member at that forum. It's filled with every resource needed from other Diabetics. Look at the food section. Type in any thing you want to eat and a low carb Diabetic friendly version comes up. I started using that along with this website to check my carbs and I lost my first 4 damn pounds in 4 weeks. It works. It can be extremely overwhelming. That site is a good place to visit because alot of info you get here is not tailored toward Diabetics. Good luck!
  • Thanks so much for the info :smile:
This discussion has been closed.