I need some good exercises i can start with :)

Options
Hi im new here, and new to needing to exercise....what are some tried and true exercises i can do for a 30 min workout?

Replies

• bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Brisk walking is good...or the 30 Day Shred DVD is good too.
  • knighty
    knighty Posts: 62
    Options
    ZUMBA! hehe i luv it gets me in a great mood too
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you have $10 to blow you might look at the 30 day shred from Jillian Michaels.
    There are 3 levels and you do the 1st one til you can knock it out without feeling like you are gonna die then move up.
    the workouts are only 20 minutes but there are no breaks so you get a good workout in a short amount of time.
    Alot of people on MFP have used it with success and I use it myself and have been getting great results so far.

I have seen it for sale at K-mart.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    If you have a video gaming system, try some of the dancing games! I like dance central for the xbox kinect... super fun! I also recently bought a gazelle from target.com. It was only a little over $100 and burns alotta cals! I use it watching tv so the time goes by quicker. I burn about 240 cals in 30 mins!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you have Comcast they have a lot of workouts on OnDemand. If you have Netflix you can stream workout videos from there. If you go to www.womenshealthmag.com there are great workouts there. If you don't feel like a "workout" some days, go for a walk! They clear your head and get you moving! If you're in a good mood, turn on the music and dance around your living room! There's a ton of stuff you can do without ever having to step foot in a gym. :) Good luck!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well, there's the basic walking/jogging/running outside or on a treadmil that's great to start out with. There are also literally hundreds of great workout DVD's in stores and also at some libraries. I personally have a Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump-Start DVD that has five ten-minute segments that work on different areas (upper body, lower body, abs, and two cardio exercises). What I do is one or two of the segments and, depending on the weather, go for a walk either outside or inside on the treadmil. Experiment around to find what works best for you. The most important thing you can do is just keep moving :smile:

Dance Dance Revolution is a blast, too! It's the video game with the dance mats. Get a huge work-out out of those!
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi im new here, and new to needing to exercise....what are some tried and true exercises i can do for a 30 min workout?

This is amazing http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml do it it works wonders!!!