SIXERS Spring Into Action--Week 4

Options

Replies

• mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Shanell (Nellienell12)................SW 208.0 lbs / GW 205.0 lbs / CW 206.5 lbs / PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).............................SW 250.4 lbs / GW 240.0 lbs / CW 249.4 lbs / PROGRESS-1 lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24)...............SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 150.2 lbs / PROGRESS +2.2 lbs
    Datenshi.......................................SW 243.4 lbs / GW 234.0 lbs / CW 236.0 lbs / PROGRESS -7.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)........................SW 159.5 lbs / GW 154.5 lbs / CW 159.5 lbs / PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)....................SW 127.5 lbs / GW 125.0 lbs / CW 124.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5lbs
    Lauren (ren315)..........................SW 209.0 lbs / GW 199.0 lbs / CW 205.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5.0lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906).......................SW 130.0 lbs / GW 118.0 lbs / CW 125.8 lbs / PROGRESS -4.2 lbs
    Judy (brasslady1)....................... SW 167.6 lbs / GW 160.0 lbs/ CW 167.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.6 lbs
    Clare (Finnhead).........................SW 155.2 lbs / GW 150.2 lbs / CW 155.2 lbs / **not weighing**
    Em (MLEK)...................................SW 171.8 lbs / GW 162.0 lbs / CW 166.8 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0lbs

Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..........SW 134.6 lbs / GW 129.0 lbs / CW 130.8 lbs / PROGRESS -3.8 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)................................SW 159.4 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 158.1 lbs / PROGRESS -1.3 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 164.2 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 163.8 lbs / PROGRESS 0 lbs
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I didn't get on the scale today, as my trip to DC was filled with food and drinks... (I feel horrible)... and I know if I got on the scale it would be up... and it would do more harm than good to my motivation... I am back on track, tracking and exercising... and I will weigh-in next tuesday... (hopefully I will see a loss).

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

Today I slept in... so I didn't really eat breakfast, so the plan for the rest of the day is....

L: Cranberry chicken salad sandwich on light wheat
    S: pretzles

D: grilled chicken, rice and veggies
    S: low fat ice cream
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hey Em! Don't worry about a few heavy days. Drink LOTS of water and I'm sure you will be fine by weigh-in next Tuesday! Did you have fun in DC?

AFM...had a yummy lunch...ate too much as I expected...but drank TONS of water there and planning on doing that the rest of the day also. No snack this afternoon, and dinner will be light. Probably a big salad. Looks like it's going to rain...but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I can sneak in a run before it does. We shall see...

Have a good afternoon!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Where does the time go? Not having regular internet access right now and having to use my blackberry's internet adds to my not checking in I'd like to think! :-D

Shanell (Nellienell12)................SW 208.0 lbs / GW 205.0 lbs / CW 206.5 lbs / PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper).............................SW 250.4 lbs / GW 240.0 lbs / CW 249.4 lbs / PROGRESS-1 lbs
    Lindsey (LHuffman24)...............SW 148.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 150.2 lbs / PROGRESS +2.2 lbs
    Datenshi.......................................SW 243.4 lbs / GW 234.0 lbs / CW 236.0 lbs / PROGRESS -7.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)........................SW 159.5 lbs / GW 154.5 lbs / CW 159.5 lbs / PROGRESS -0.0 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)....................SW 127.5 lbs / GW 125.0 lbs / CW 124.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5lbs
    Lauren (ren315)..........................SW 209.0 lbs / GW 199.0 lbs / CW 205.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.5.0lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906).......................SW 130.0 lbs / GW 118.0 lbs / CW 125.8 lbs / PROGRESS -4.2 lbs
    Judy (brasslady1)....................... SW 167.6 lbs / GW 160.0 lbs/ CW 167.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.6 lbs
    Clare (Finnhead).........................SW 155.2 lbs / GW 150.2 lbs / CW 155.2 lbs / **not weighing**
    Em (MLEK)...................................SW 171.8 lbs / GW 162.0 lbs / CW 166.8 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 164.2 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 163.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1 lbs

Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..........SW 134.6 lbs / GW 129.0 lbs / CW 130.8 lbs / PROGRESS -3.8 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)................................SW 159.4 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 158.1 lbs / PROGRESS -1.3 lbs

I am in Barnes and Nobles reading a running magazine... wishing I had brought my running clothes and could find a trail to run on really quickly while I have a break. School is busy, I'm trying to find a house, frustrated that I'm not losing weight, wondering if I should give up on my other program and just go back to the free ones. Then part of me also feels like WHAT HAPPENED!?!? I used to be able to lose weight or at LEAST see muscle changes rather easily. and then I realize I don't workout for HOURS at a time like I used to. :-/ well, back to the magazine reading right now, and I'll hop on the treadmill tonight and may just walk for 30 mins during my break today. I am determined to reach this weight loss goal. If I can do everything else, I'm SURE I can get this done too. Plus, who wants to start residency on a diet? I want to be at least CLOSE to my weight loss goals, you know, so I can focus on LEARNING and treating my patients. :-)

On a personal note, I finally am done talking to my x-fiance. but he is not taking it very well. Makes me stressed. and I'm staying away to insure my safety (even though we've never had issues like that before.) Maybe one too many episodes of First 48/snapped. but better safe than sorry! :-D :laugh: :smile:

OK, done disclosing personal stuff online, to unsuspecting Sixers! :-) Love you all! :heart: Keep up the hard work!
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for thinking of me and for your positive comments. It seems like just about all of us have suffered some injury in the past couple weeks. That's awful! :cry: I've been trying to look at the positives. It could ALWAYS be worse. The good thing about me is that I might dwell on something for a few hours, but it's natural for me to start looking at the bright side. My body needs rest, that's what it's saying. I've been over-doing it with going to the YMCA for classes, and then walking anywhere from 4 to 8 miles a day (and 13 or so on Sundays). It's just too much. Luckily my classes at the Y are over next week, I'm cancelling my membership at the end of April, and then I can just focus on walking (with some strength on the side). I just have to suck it up and relax for awhile. My back is feeling MUCH better today, and I'm amost tempted to go for a little walk. ALMOST. Yesterday was just too painful for me to chance it.

Aww - side note Hubby just walked in and said, "Ugh - this doesn't look like resting!" He's too sweet. :smooched: If I was laying down, I think he would literally get every little thing for me that my heart desired. I :heart: him. :blushing:

Another side note/question: For the Shredders, do you do the workout every night? I have yet to do this video one time, but I'm thinking of using it as a toning tool on the nights I do a shorter walk. Will I still have good effects if I only do it 2-3 times a week? Thanks for your input! Happy ALMOST Friday!! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening,

tiff...so glad to see you. you are doing great. i think maybe stress is causing the stall in your weight. you have allot on your plate right now. i would finish everything up and than dig in with all you got. in the mean time just keep it in the back of your mind when you eat, so you will continue to eat better. you do know MFP is on blackberry now? it's nice when away to track things.
    julia...watch that back. yes i think i tone with shred. i do it when i feel like it. i don't do it regularly, i use to. but, i have been doing the C25K so i do shred or something else on the non run days.

AFM...went to sons trailer. we started painting today. found out he has water. so excited to get that hooked up. just kilz the living room today. he needs to pick his colors. he is working on one room at a time to finish it. he wants to get it livable so he can move out. the living room his is first room. so i work on that and the kitchen since they are connected.

big neighborhood yard sale saturday. taking one of the grands with me. will need to plan a special day for the other grand. to do something she likes.

well, off to play some games.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 164.2 lbs / GW 155.0 lbs / CW 163.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..........SW 134.6 lbs / GW 129.0 lbs / CW???/ PROGRESS0.0.0 lb

Well, having a hard time with hormonal depression so I have decided that I am not weighing in until my doctor's appointment two weeks from now (the end of the challenge). It's a mind trick because I know I have gained weight (even if it is hormonal water weight), but I can't handle the stress/disappointment/depression of it right now. In addition to the fact that after taking two days off for my ankle, it never felt any better, so I went running yesterday for a total of 6.5 miles and it never hurt once. But it does hurt, even before yesterday, to walk up stairs or take step class or kickboxing class. So frustrating.

Okay, no more complaining.

Julia - Glad to hear your back is feeling better. I like your positive attitude.

Tiff - Love the running. Keep safe :)

Em - I agree with Kristin. Lots and lots of water. That's my motto these days.

Kristin - Always a motivator.

Everyone else - QUICK HIYA!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    1. Stay within calories ***___, Tu, ___, Th
    2. No Late Night Snacking ***___, Tu, W, Th
    3. Run 20 miles (M3, Tu0. W0, 6.5, F?, Sa?, Su?)
    4. No bread products ***___, Tu, W, ___ (clean eating)
    5. Not weighing in for two weeks.
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    TGIF. That's all I have to say.

I'll check in with you all over the weekend!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    1. Stay within calories ***___, Tu, ___, Th
    2. No Late Night Snacking ***___, Tu, W, Th
    3. Run 20 miles (M3, Tu0. W0, 6.5, F?, Sa?, Su?)
    4. No bread products ***___, Tu, W, ___ (clean eating)

lula....you are doing great
    1) doing good
    2) 3 out of 5 so far good almost there.
    3) you have already ran 9.5..so you only need 10.5..that's only 3.5 a day. you can do that.
    4) not bad
    keep it up.

afm...i have already been to the gym today. i figured i had to go before i got on the computer or i won't go at all. my back start aching again, so i came home. but, i just have the feeling i don't deserve the calories burned. anyone ever feel that way before?
    i think i had a good workout, i sweated and had to really push myself. maybe just tired. anyway. it's done.

have a great day
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning!!

Lindsey....I agree. TGIF! SO needing the weekend!

Lorna...I'm sorry you're so frustrated. Just try and listen to your body as best you can. You will be great...I know you will.

Cathy...I'm going to start some painting soon also. We're going to be doing lots of projects around the house this summer!

Julia...I used to be a gym rat also...until I was pregnant and nauseous all the time. I would work out for like 2-3 hours every night. Things sure have changed now, but I wouldn't trade any of it. I've just learned to balance all the things I love (exercise and my daughter and husband). And you'll still see great results! And yes...the shred is great for helping to tone things. I find it a pretty easy workout but is good because it incorporates in the higher heart rate so you burn more fat! AND it's short (28 minutes) so easy for me to squeeze in. I'm trying to do it 6 days a week right now and running pretty much any day I can. Focusing on the cardio mostly these days.

Everyone else...HI!

AFM...Had a totally lazy night last night. It was raining and I was totally unmotivated. Didn't eat bad, but ended up going over my calories for the day due to mybigger lunch. Didn't get ANY exercise in either. BAD! Oh well...my one off day for the week.

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Honey Kix, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Mixed green salad, baby tomatos, spritzer dressing, light yogurt
    S-Bartlett pear
    D-Mesquite BBQ Pork loin, red potatos, baby carrots
    S-??? Something light

Exercise--
    JM Shred Day 4-Level 1
    Run if it's not raining

Have a great day gals!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    04/04/2011 -- 171 lbs
    04/05/2011 -- 170.2 lbs
    04/06/2011 -- 168.8 lbs
    04/07/2011 -- 166.4 lbs
    04/08/2011 -- 165.0 lbs
  • chipper15173
    Options
    afternoon all,

nothing much planned for the evening. have both girls tonight, than yard sales in the morning. my planned dinner isn't going to be the greatest, but, it's within calories so i am ok with it. we are having mini burgers and hotdogs. i think i may skip the bun. and making fries.

see everyone in the morning maybe.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    1. Stay within calories ***___, Tu, ___, Th, ____ :mad:
    2. No Late Night Snacking ***___, Tu, W, Th, F
    3. Run 20 miles (M3, Tu0. W0, 6.5, F2, Sa?, Su?)
    4. No bread products ***___, Tu, W, ___ (clean eating), ____ (CE leftovers)

You guys help to keep me sane, especially in the early morning hours of work when it is dark and quiet and I'm left alone with my thoughts. So THANK YOU!!!!

Great job Phoenix. Whatever you are doing, it must be working.
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I agree Phoenix - You are doing awesome!

Happy Weekend everyone! I'm getting ready for vacation so today I got a pedicure! YAY! So much fun and so relaxing! Tomorrow I get my hair trimmed and highlighted, and my son's hair trimmed as well. We'll be all set!

My back is tip-top. However, I have fallen off the healthy bandwagon, and it drove away without me! I ran after it, but got tired and decided to eat everything in sight instead. Ugh, I hate these days. Tomorrow I have a play date scheduled at Chuck E Cheese with my sis-in-law and my niece. They say the pizza sucks and they're just going to get salad, so I may have to do that as well. Either way, I have to break this slump! Planning a nice long stroller walk tomorrow morning, and that should help. I hate exercising just to undo what I ate (as opposed to NOT exercising and not caring what I eat??) Haha - weird. Even if I can't catch that healthy bandwagon tomorrow, I DEFINITELY AM on Monday. I know these little slips are ok sometimes, and everyone says you have to splurge once in a while. So I'm ok with it, I'm just ready to be done. Until Easter, right? Dang - why do they have such good candy at Easter?? (And Valentines Day, and Halloween, and Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and, and, and, and!!!) :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning,

what a day yesterday. went to 70 yard sales, drove by most. visited about half. came home changed clothes off to sons to paint. no one charged the batteries for the drill, parks water was turned off cause someone broke their valve. than home to paint shanells bar stools. than showers. than off to shanells to return her child. (who spent more than me at yard sales LOL). than we all went out to dinner. ( over ate way too much, excuse i was tired and hungry). scale was mean and nasty this morning. i am still tired. have some running to do today, other wise i am not doing a darn thing.

later
  • chipper15173
    Options
    why isn't anyone around on the weekends? when it's the two days people have trouble with.
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry Cathy, the weather was way too nice in Indiana for getting on the computer this weekend! It sounds like you had a busy day Saturday. What kinds of "treasures" did you find at the garage sales? I'm having one (my first at my house) May 20. Can't wait!

I didn't log at all this weekend but I'm pretty sure I did OK. Went to the gym both days this weekend, plus I burned 850 additional calories digging up a new garden bed in my backyard today (wore my HRM the whole time). I'm sure I burned even more later on today as well. Bought 40 bags of top soil with DH and helped load and unload the truck. Can't wait to get it done this week. Also, can't wait till May so I can plant my tomatoes, and peppers, and squash...

Julia - I got a pedicure this weekend too!
    Lauryn - My 30th is in June too! June 4, when is your's?
    Lorna - I'm going to TRY to start running some distance again... Maybe I'll join you in the 20 mile/week club. I'll let you know!
    Kristin - I don't think I've told you this lately, but your daughter is so unbelievably CUTE!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    GOOD morning ladies!! Happy Monday!

Cathy...sorry I'm not around on the weekends. I have dial-up at home (I think I've mentioned) and it's SO unbelievably slow. I have my facebook and mfp pulled up pretty much all the time, but it takes SO incredibly long to post and I really use it very rarely and mostly just to enter in my food and exercise. Sounds like you had a fun day of garage sale-ing! FUN!

Lindsey...Thank you!:flowerforyou: She's kind of my pride and joy! I need to update pictures actually!

Julia...glad your back is better. And hope you had a fun play date!

Everyone else...HELLO!

AFM...had a FABULOUS weekend! The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Friday night, got in a run and my shred. Saturday had a bridal shower but still got in my run and shred AND a walk. Then yesterday did some yard work, got in a run, shred, and walk again! WOO! GREAT time!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Oatmeal squares cereal, skim milk, coffee w/sugar free creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Mixed green salad with baby tomatos, spritzer dressing, and light yogurt
    S-Bartlett pear
    D-Tilapia, couscous, spinach and carrots
    S-??? Haven't decided yet

Exercise--
    Shred Day 7--Level 1
    Run with stroller

Have a FABULOUS day!