Which is better?

Options
I need to increase the intensity of my workouts. So I have been looking at DVD programs and I can't decide between Zumba and Turbo Fire. They both look fun and tiring lol. I need something that I will want to do everyday. Has anyone used either of the programs?

Replies

• Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have done Zumba and the older version, Turbo Jam. I burned alot more calories with Zumba and had alot more fun. If you like to dance, I would recommend Zumba. (calories were TJ 300 vs. Zumba 480) I think it also depends on how much effort you put forth and since I seemed to like the Zumba more, I worked harder.

Either one is going to get you moving and have fun while your doing it. Good luck :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Have DVD and Wii versions. I love to dance (not good at it, but love it!) Never tried the other. I agree with apfkorn- if you love to dance go with the Zumba!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know why you need to increase the intensity of your workouts?? Is it because you are not seeing results? Just curious... :flowerforyou:
  • ultracinch
    Options
    Michael thurmond from the 6 wk body makeover suggests doing an activity that keeps your Heart rate at 55%-65% of your target heart rate to burn the FAT...anything more than that will only burn glycogen (sugar) or muscle. work smarter, not harder.
  • Khiyaemommy
    Options
    I'm curious to know why you need to increase the intensity of your workouts?? Is it because you are not seeing results? Just curious... :flowerforyou:

I think I've hit a plateau. The numbers aren't coming down like they use to.
  • Khiyaemommy
    Options
    Michael thurmond from the 6 wk body makeover suggests doing an activity that keeps your Heart rate at 55%-65% of your target heart rate to burn the FAT...anything more than that will only burn glycogen (sugar) or muscle. work smarter, not harder.

I'm checking that out now....thanks :) Smarter is always good.