please explain this to me...

Options
so today was my weigh day and when i woke up i first got on the scale and it said i was down 9 lbs! but then after about 4 or 5 minutes later i weighed again and it said i was only down 5. I'm gunna take the 5lb loss because its a great number too but i still dont understand how at one point i was down 9...

can anyone explain this?

btw, this week is when my vistor was here.. aunt flow lol

Replies

• katlondoncanuck
    Options
    Your weight will change throughout the day. If it is "that time" it might be to do with water retention?

I would suggest that you dont just monitor your weight but also your measurements. As you can go for a while thinking that you are loosing nothing on the scales, but the inches will be falling away!
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree esp if your TOM is here. I know my weight fluctuates like crazy with my TOM.
  • istutzman
    istutzman Posts: 64
    Options
    Did you eat anything during those 5 minutes? Weird
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your scale is wonky. No one losses or gains 4 lbs in 4 minutes :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If it changed by 4 lbs in 4 minutes, then I'd wonder about your scale. With some scales, you will get different readings if you step on them in different places or don't evenly distribute your weight on both feet. You'll also get different readings if you move the scale (because the floor is not as level, so it has the same effect as only putting your weight on one side of it) or if you put it on carpet instead of hard, bare floor.
  • paulaercksn
    paulaercksn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My scale can do that within seconds. My scale sits on tile, so if it isn't level it is inaccurate. Just a thought.
  • ferb55
    ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks guys yeah i figured it was something like this. lol no i didnt eat anything and defintely not 4 lbs of food in 4 minutes! LOL whatever I will take the 5 lb loss and be happy!