How to use work as an exercise??

Options
Hi I work on the weekends at a gas station and for 7.5 hours of my shift I am crouching, stocking, lifting, cleaning, making coffee, organizing. I was thinking of adding it under "cleaning-moderate" do you think that would be most accurate?? I am new so I am not sure. Thank you!

Replies

• b_alanna
    b_alanna Posts: 15
    Options
    ahaha you are a cheater just like me! but i lost 10 pounds since i started this job in January. so heres what i do i log 1 hour of walking at a slower pace that way i get an extra two hundred to blow. im not trying to lose weight though. if you are trying to lose weight i wouldnt log it at all. since it adds calories and you never know how accurate it is.
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor, put the chest strap on before your shift, and then start the exercise time on the watch when your shift starts. That way you'll have an accurate exercise time, and it'll tell you how many calories you've burned while working. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    There is a exercise for "moving-household" maybe just log a few minute here and there for the times you are lifting boxes and stocking stuff. Just for standing or walking to and from I wouldn't log anything. Also I always under estimate my time for those kinds of exercise. MFP tends to give you way more calories burned then you probably actually do. For example if I bowl on a league on Tuesday night, we bowl from 6:30 to 9. I still only put 65 minute down since I am sitting part of the time and I know I am not burning as many calories as it says!
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    oh ok so if i am standing all of my shift but only "exercising" for say 5 hours...I should only put 3hous? so it does accurate calories burned? I should use cleaning light?
  • Superdupermom
    Options
    I went to 3 other calorie burner websites and this website gives you 145 calories burned for 30 minutes of housework and all the others give you over 200! so I think the calories burned on here is accurate! just thought I would let ya all know that.