can someone tell me if this is a good choice for a evening s

Options
My go to snack in the evening has been either a protein shake lately or Artic Zero when I want more of an Ice cream treat.
I would like some opinions on the product from those of you who know a lot about proper nutrition. I understand that is probably is not a great choice for every day but I am just wondering about eating a few times a week as a treat. Here is some information about the product. I eat the vanilla maple flavor:

Serving size: 1/2 cup (84g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 34
Calories from Fat 0
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g (0%)
Saturated Fat 0g (0%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 6mg (2%)
Sodium 14mg (1%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 10g (3%)
Dietary Fiber 0g
Soluble Fiber
Insoluble Fiber
Sugars 9g
Sugar Alcohol
Other Carbohydrate
Protein 5g
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Vitamin A
Percent of vitamin A present as beta-carotene
Vitamin C
Calcium
Iron

Benefits Of Arctic Zero®
We've all heard of "super foods," but who's ever heard of a "super dessert"? Arctic Zero® is the world's first one. It feeds the muscle and starves the fat. Your body wants nutrition; your muscles crave protein. Arctic Zero® satisfies this need by delivering the highest quality whey protein concentrate that you can put in your body. But we'll get to that in a minute.

Things worth noting:
• Arctic Zero® is very low calorie--with only 150 calories per pint,--It was developed for you to enjoy guilt free
• Arctic Zero® is all natural, low carb, fat free, gluten free, lactose intolerant-friendly, a great source of fiber (8 grams of fiber per pint), and high in whey protein concentrate
• As hard as it may be to believe, even with the benefits listed above, it tastes great!
Now let's start with the protein.
We don't use the standard whey protein that you can simply buy in the stores. We use a high quality whey protein concentrate. It's more quickly assimilated by your muscles and Arctic Zero® contains the essential amino acids your body needs.

Fiber and natural sweeteners found in Arctic Zero®:Arctic Zero® is also a great source of fiber. We added 8 grams of fiber to each pint of Arctic Zero in the form of chicory root because studies have shown that consuming 8 or more grams of chicory root increases calcium absorption in the human body.

Arctic Zero® is sweetened with a proprietary blend of organic cane sugar and monk fruit concentrate. Why did we choose these two sweeteners? We looked at a variety of natural sweeteners, some from the jungles of South America, Africa, Antarctica, the moon, you name it; some from fermented fruits and vegetables, the list goes on.

We didn't want to use any sweeteners that would add weird flavors to our products, or weird after-tastes. Nor did we want any of the sweeteners that produced uncomfortable bloating and digestive upset, some even create the need to camp-out in front of a bathroom.

We wanted an all natural sweetener that had all the benefits of low calorie and low glycemic, without any weird flavors or side effects.

The monk fruit concentrate found in Arctic Zero® comes from the sweetest melon in the world and has been used in Asia for over 1,000 years. Monk fruit concentrate is 150 times sweeter than sugar and one gram of it replaces 40 teaspoons of sugar! See why we love it?

The combining of organic cane sugar with monk fruit concentrate not only allowed us to increase the sweetness of Arctic Zero® but also allowed us to drop both the grams of sugar and carbohydrate count by more than 30%!

Replies

• Dancinhiphop4life
    Options
    that sounds awesome! where do you get that? any grocery store?:tongue: YUM
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I eat it on occasion, I like it when I am craving something cold, and it does have protein, so I think once in a while ie fine. :)
  • ekafont
    ekafont Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer you're looking for, but I'm going to check into that Arctic-Zero ... is it sold at grocery stores, or is it in health-food stores? Does it taste as good as it sounds?
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    i love the vanilla maple! I think it tastes great. I know Whole foods has it :)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I wish my whole foods had this. I just found out that a store about 45 minutes away has it. I may have to drive there this weekend! We have been waiting for it to come to New England for years!
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic treat to me!
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing. I found a store that sells it 20 miles from me so may have to go get some! I love ice cream and frozen yogurt! I have the Breyers Vanilla Carb Smart now and its pretty good.
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would suggest here, is not avoid sugar and simple carbs at night, try for a snack that is a complex carb and protein..Ie.. egg white omelet or oatmeal with protein powder....boiled egg and a salad...