Can someone please explain to me....

Options
ArchyJill
ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
...why men are so grouchy after 55?
...why dirty dishes are left on the counter instead of in the dishwasher?
...why husbands wait to be asked to do something?

Replies

• diegelman
    diegelman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend never has a dishwasher before moving into my house, and it makes me so angry that he feels the need to make my clean sink dirty with his dishes instead of just putting them in the dishwasher!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    speaking from my experience.

- I don't know, i haven't reached 55 yet.
    - the counter is so much more accessible than the dish washer.
    - I am not a husband yet... but i know my girlfriend gets bothered by little things like to many dirty dishes, and things like that dont bother me too much so i ignore them. so sometimes it takes her to ask me to clean up for me to even notice it was a mess.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend never has a dishwasher before moving into my house, and it makes me so angry that he feels the need to make my clean sink dirty with his dishes instead of just putting them in the dishwasher!

My boyfriend did the dishes once for me.... oh boy was that a great day! haha
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lol, they all do something to annoy us! but overall, when my hubby ticks me off it helps to think about the things he DOES do, and then I criticize him ;) just with a more loving tone, haha
  • Sandman978
    Options
    - I will let u know when I hit 55.
    -we don't use the dish washer because women haven't taken the clean dish's out yet.
    -how much fun would that be if we were proactive and did things without u asking? This is our way of starting a conversation!
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lol not a husband yet but, if I throw them in the sink I would rinse them off first and the sink is quick and easy to toss your dishes in. Always put them in the dishwasher in the morning =) I would just ask him to rinse them off it would make things easier for you
  • 48fan
    48fan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You mean they get GROUCHIER after age 55???? Egads!!! :sad:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

Wait... are you complaining that your boyfriend washed the dishes???
  • ramius
    ramius Posts: 91
    Options

Well I can only answer for me.. not 55 yet so ask me later :)
    Counter is quicker to deposit dishes on and until you have enough of them stored up why waste the energy putting them into the dishwasher..
    The last one is tricky and it depends on what you're asking.. sometimes its just cause things that bother (most) women don't necessarily bother men.. we typically don't attach ourselves to our surroundings.. meaning a dirty room means nothing if we can still walk around the mess -- aka look at a mans dorm room.. thats how we'd live if left to our own devices :) -- or we're just beat from the day and don't feel like doing anything until asked etc... this one I think is different for everyone -- you'd have to ask my wife what she thought .. or wait.. don't .. LOL

Other than that its a mystery.. the world may never know...
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Have no idea about the 55 thing......
    I don't use the counter I cant stand dished to have food drying on them, It makes em way to hard to clean later.
    As far as the house hold duties go shes the one that don't do much. Although she does much more taking care of the kid than I do. so I guess it evens out.
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1. Don't know yet - he's only 32;
    2. He is the dishwasher;
    3. He's pretty good at just getting on with things.

I'm one lucky wife:bigsmile:
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    1. They're stuck with grouchy women
    2. To p*ss you off
    3. They're not mind readers
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    lol my boyfriend (26) always just drops his dishes in the sink and they're always crusted over with food and grease..... and he expects me to clean them! he eats really unhealthy so I don't want to touch that nasty stuff but he never cleans so I have to nag him until he does it ;) he's quite grouchy but is still young, scared to see how that will turn out in 30 years lol
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

- No passing zones?
    - He likes that fire in your eye when you get mad.
    - He was hoping you wouldn't notice until a commercial break.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Check out this video clip - it explains alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L29KmQxEA3E
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I think it has something to do with their dangly bits.....at least that is what we attribute my goofy 3 year old son's odd behavior too...don't think it is much different for the taller ones either
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1. Andropause- low testosterone
    2. Always did the dishes when I was married as my exwife was unable to handle touching dirty dishes
    3. Because we realize eventually you'll get frustrated do it yourself and save us the trouble
  • SCJ1971
    SCJ1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out this video clip - it explains alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L29KmQxEA3E

Funny - lol.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Because you aren't following my 3 cardinal rules:

Praise them
    Sex them
    Feed them

ALOT
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 in a couple of months. I do all the cooking and I clean my own dishes as I cook. I do my own laundry. If I have an inkling of something that my wife wants, I go out and make it happen.

Not all men are the same, just as not all women deserve to be generalized.