C25K App for Android

Options
Hey guys! I have looked up the C25K app for my Android and there are at least 7 of them. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which to purchse? Who makes it? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I downloaded the free version almost a year ago. It was fine for me. It would basically play over your music and play a chime when you needed to run/walk. Pretty basic, but it worked.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use a free one called C25K Lite by Guy Hoffman. Easy to use, works pretty well. The only problem is that you have to start your music before the app and then you can't switch your music. I think if you upgrade to their full app you can switch the music. It is $1.99 to upgrade.
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! :-)
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the one that is 2.99....I think the icon is a green circle. It has a diary to help keep track your own input about the workout as well as logging which day you completed. I use it with endomondo because that one keeps track of how fast I ran :)
  • DawnCallas
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to check that out. It sounds great! :flowerforyou:
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper Pro - it isn't specific to c25K, but it has a lot of similar features, and it is free. You can listen to your music while it is running (you can set it before, after, during), and you can have it call out audio cues for time intervals and/or distances. I have it set for both, and you can clearly hear the audio telling you the time or distance while your music still plays. It uses the GPS to give you a maps route of your run, tells you the elevation increase or decrease over your run, and gives you your average pace per mile for the entire run. You can save each run, and even add some notes about the run each time.

This also adds it to the Run Keeper website if you want to keep track of your runs that way, and check out your route maps, too. It has just about everything you might want, really easy to use, and it is free. Highly recommended.