Problem area -- c-section pooch (TMI??)

Options
Hello friends!

I had a c-section in '99 and my body 'recovered' from surgery. However, I had another c-section in '06 and I am having trouble with the little pooch just above the incision. Have any ladies been through this? Will I be stuck with this forever. I've noticed minimal changes in the almost 4 months that I have been working out. Will it go away? Was I just put 'back together' wrong after having my daughter? What exercises are best? I've noticed that my core has strengthened.. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Replies

• chatter21
    Options
    I have the same situation, and would also like to know if it's possible to change it (without some surgery or another...)
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Me too. Had a c-section in '07. My belly has shrunk a little but not enough. I feel like it will never go away :(
  • llwood04
    llwood04 Posts: 1
    Options
    Most likely it is scar tissue that has formed after both c-sections. You probably didn't notice as much with the first one, but now that you have had 2 there is more tissue. And no it will not go away no matter how many crunches you do. Sorry
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. It's gotten flatter but I wonder if it will ever be back to "normal"...
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Me too- 2 sections and a nice soft pooch remaining.

though i don't expect to get rid of it completely, just began Jillian Michaels "Six Week 6 Pack" dvd in the mornings. At least I can give my flabby bits some attention!!
  • kag0719
    kag0719 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    OMG..me too!! I had a c-section in Feb 2000 and then again in July 2008. I noticed the little "chubb" area during my pregnancy with my first one and it never went away. Its easy to hid in pants but I gained weight in between my 1st and 2nd child so when I got pregnant with my 2nd child, the "chubb" stayed and I got another "chubb" roll above my belly button. I have lost 27 lbs since 1-8-11 and the small "chubb" area above my belly button has decreased in size (lost 4 inches so far) but I dont see a change in the exisiting "cubb" that I have had since 1999-2000. I am going to see how it looks once I get to my goal weight. If its still there, I might have to look into a tummy tuck or something like that.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    My first c section was in 2001 - my stomach completely flattened out no problem. My second c section was in 2004...this one really chagned my body but I can tell you after losing 50lbs it is ALOT flatter than it was last year at this time. I'm hoping once I reach my goal it will be even flatter, but my scar kinda looks like the docs eyes were closed when he stitched me back up and no amount of exercise is going to help that :sad:
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    sad to say, but no it wont go away.
    mine wont anyways. im 5'4" & had 2 c-sections, my babies were OVER 10 lbs each.
    what wasnt cut in one directions was ripped in the other direction!
    it wasnt so bad after the first one, but by the second one, i have torn stomach muscles.
    so even when i was at 125 lbs i still had that little "shelf" above my scar.
    its ok tho, "scars are just tattoo's with stories"! :)
  • cmshoe1974
    cmshoe1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also had 2 c-sections and was wondering if my stomach would ever be flat. Do any of you have small pains around where your scars are after working out?
  • harley0269
    Options
    i used to have pulling & pinching pains for years after mine. (mine was done in 1987 & again in 1991)
    not anymore tho. but there is still numbess on the scar. that never went away. its been 24 years now!
    my biggest problem now is keeping the scar (& fold of skin over it) clean & dry. otherwise yeast-infection-like sores will set in.
    Another great reason to lose this weight!
  • jessski
    jessski Posts: 24
    Options
    I know that in canada after two you are eligable for a tummy tuck. Reason being that it is nearly impossible to regain the muscle that has been damaged by both C sections.
  • harley0269
    Options
    oh your lucky to have the option in Canada!!
    its not so bad tho. Other problems are greater than what my tummy looks like.
    I like to think of it as I once was built for speed, but now im built for comfort. lol
    ~comes with age :laugh:
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "scars are tattoo's with stories!" --- lovie it!

sad to say, but no it wont go away.
    mine wont anyways. im 5'4" & had 2 c-sections, my babies were OVER 10 lbs each.
    what wasnt cut in one directions was ripped in the other direction!
    it wasnt so bad after the first one, but by the second one, i have torn stomach muscles.
    so even when i was at 125 lbs i still had that little "shelf" above my scar.
    its ok tho, "scars are just tattoo's with stories"! :)
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WOW! never knew that about the yeast infection like sores!
    I have a little numbness too and the pinching is very minimal.
    i used to have pulling & pinching pains for years after mine. (mine was done in 1987 & again in 1991)
    not anymore tho. but there is still numbess on the scar. that never went away. its been 24 years now!
    my biggest problem now is keeping the scar (& fold of skin over it) clean & dry. otherwise yeast-infection-like sores will set in.
    Another great reason to lose this weight!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    and this is why after I have 2 more and lose the last baby weight, i'm going for a tummy tuck to get rid of it :) I've been told it'll be there until you have it removed :(
  • harley0269
    Options
    @ crystal10584, not always. everyone's body is different. I know lots of people who dont have the pooch above the c-section scar! Dont worry about it now. your young & you have lots of time. Just love yourself inside & out for who you are.
    When I was in my 20's it bothered me. i thought it would be a turn off to men. But its not. its life. & pregnancy is a wonderful thing. So i dont mind that i have the scar & pooch. it was worth the trade off. :)
    if you do have the tummy tuck, i wish you all the best. as long as your happy about yourself is what matters.
  • jessski
    jessski Posts: 24
    Options
    Just make sure if you live in Canada that you get a script by your dr. It will be paid for
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Harley, I don't worry so much about the sagging over the scar, and wouldn't want to have any surgery that isn't truly necessary (I've had too many surgeries in my life already). But I certainly don't begrudge others' POV in this matter.

I'm working on getting as good as I can, but we can't always undo all the damage done to our bodies, but we can improve and love ourselves.

GG
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but no good news. I had 3 C-section, even at my lowest weight still had that sag.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    After 2 c-sections('06 emergency &'10 elected), I still have it. Remind myself I have 2 beautiful children from it and I got the perfect outcome, WE are ALL here and healthy!:) TOTALY worth it! Good luck!