Funny gym stories.....Please post!!!

Options
JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
Please join in with your funny stories. Ill start with my 2 of a few from last night.

I am doing my max curls with a spotter. I am shooting for 6 reps of 50lb dumbbells when you reach the peak of the curl you turn your wrist and slowly come down with the dumbbell so it works both the bi and the tri. My friend slash manager is spotting me and on my last rep downward I exhale and let out the most thunderous protein fart that literally carried through the whole gym and it just happens to be at the same time a very attractive girl walks right behind me. I can do nothing but laugh as she does the same then i proceed to refocus in the mirror and realize that dam near everyone within 40 feet is staring at me I didnt know how loud it was due to my headphones but my buddy is like "WTF WAS THAT DUDE?"

Later I am on the tricep press machine and she happens to be on the machine across from me. I am like oh great, awkwardness. Once again I am doing my max of 250 and my first rep I rip another one off, mid her rep she drops the handles and busts out laughing. I do nothing but smile and shrug.

I will be for sure known as the crop duster at my gym from this day forward and have a feeling I will never be able to strike up a convo with her ever.

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^I've been very close. I almost let a few out during squats.

Last week my friend and I were doing medicine ball situps after our normal lifting routine. We were on the decline bench, and he was doing one situp with the ball, tossing it to me, then he'd do one without, and I'd toss it back.

Well a cute chick in spandex had been on the oblique twist machine, and was moving to the weighted crunch area. And she had amazing glutes (we'll leave it at that). I zoned out on them, and tossed the ball back to him as he was at the bottom of a situp, and pretty much drilled him in the crotch.

I feel in the floor laughing.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fell off a treadmill once when I wasn't paying attention! Lmao
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well it was a while ago, but I was at the gym walking on the treadmill and this woman comes in to the gym, stumbling and falling into things. At first I thought she hurt herself or something but quickly realized she was completely DRUNK. Not even kidding.

She attempts to get on a treadmill and of course falls off. She attemps this a few more times and then gives up. She gets on a bike at this point and can't get her feet into the peddel straps. This whole time the girls who work there are trying to talk to her about going home, etc. She just ingnores them.

Finally after about 5 min on the bike (she finally got the straps figured out) she announces loudly, "Wow what a great workout!!! I'm so awesome" and walks out of the gym.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was cracking me up. I've never been so entertained at the gym before. LOL
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    These are awesome stories....I can't wait to hear more....
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    LOL..Made me laugh I needed that! BTW..Thats not crop dusting thats called BullDozing! LOL
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I bought a sports bra a size too big, and the girls fell out while I was on the elliptical! Good thing I had a t shirt on but I never ran off that machien and into the bathroom so quickly lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Fell off a treadmill once when I wasn't paying attention! Lmao

Oh wow Ive done that.. I was running with my wife next to me...We were watching one of the TV's and I started to gesture with my hands and make fun of soemthing... I lost focus and hit the moveing belt at 6.0 3 incline. On the way down I tried to catch and grab to hold myself up until I realized the belt was still moving and just went with it. I shot off the end and rolled right into a bank of Ellipticals.

Everyone kind of stopped and was like.."are you ok" Pride hurt...body Unharmed
  • DnaDiva
    DnaDiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After prodding from a gym employee, I finally got the courage to walk into an exercise class at my gym last night after watching them have fun for a long time. I walk in, get the courage to very visibly step in the middle of the crowd where there was an empty spot, do like three moves, and the class was over.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    LOL I want more ;o)

The worst that happened to me is almost falling off the treadmill. Oh and me trying to work the ATM can be quite entertaining
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    ^^I've been very close. I almost let a few out during squats.

Last week my friend and I were doing medicine ball situps after our normal lifting routine. We were on the decline bench, and he was doing one situp with the ball, tossing it to me, then he'd do one without, and I'd toss it back.

Well a cute chick in spandex had been on the oblique twist machine, and was moving to the weighted crunch area. And she had amazing glutes (we'll leave it at that). I zoned out on them, and tossed the ball back to him as he was at the bottom of a situp, and pretty much drilled him in the crotch.

I feel in the floor laughing.

BTW Henry Rollins is a ripped MOFO and one of my idols.

My last funny story of the night is im taking pics of my progress in the gym mirror and first some younger kid walks in looks at me kinda funny. I go back to taking my pics which with an Iphone is a pain in the *kitten* and then all of a sudden I hear someone walking in and I look up and it's a girl and she is like OOPS turns red and walks right back out.

Note there is a Men's and Women's locker room!!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have nothing to share, but farts make me crack up (so mature I know :wink: ) . I would have busted a gut at that butt gust! :laugh:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As a former gym employee . . . . where to start?

The trainer was working with myself and another woman on doing dead lifts and where you should feel the lift - you know- right at the point where your butt curves under to your leg. Well I was the demonstrator and the trainer, in an attempt to show her client exactly where you should feel the lift, used her hands to pinpoint the location. . . .:blushing: :blushing: :huh:

The entire front row of treadmills (it was late morning and much of the clientel were senior gentlemen) stopped or nearly tripped. Until the day I left the gym, some of those men would ask me to demonstrate that for them again.

Good thing I have a sense of humor!!:bigsmile:
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    A few months back I was checking out the hot guy at my gym doing arm curls... and walked into and fell down on a treadmill. EVERYONE saw, including him. There's no playing what one off. So I smiled at him and walked out. Leaving my dignity on that treadmill.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    LMAO! That is freaking hilarious and you are awesome for having the bravery to share it all with us! LOL!

Just a few days ago I was running on the treadmill in my gym's cardio cinema and it was a dark part of the movie and I had someone try to hop on the treadmill I was running on right then. Luckily it didn't trip me up, but poor girl did a faceplant, lol.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I went into Bikram yoga class after a 2-hour workout, not having hydrated properly. For those who don't know, the room temperature and humidity in Bikram classes are very high. I decided to stand under the heater to get more calories burning... All of a sudden during class I started feeling dizzy, but b/c of the stubborn hard-headed piece of a woman that I am, decided to carry on with the poses, until I found myself in my childhood bed across the Atlantic, then woke up on the floor with the instructor pouring water on my wrists. It was the very first time I've every passed out in my life; didn't even know 'dreaming' was possible while being out cold like that.

A week later while walking out of the gym, a fellow yoga class-mate stops me in the middle of the floor and asks pretty loudly "are you the lady that fainted during class? Are you okay?"

====

Funnier things happen to me outside the gym during my runs. I run Barr trail in Colorado Springs, and it looks like I've gotten into the habit of face-planting the trail on a regular basis. 3 times out of 9 I slipped or tripped and dropped like a rock. (Pun intended.)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Please join in with your funny stories. Ill start with my 2 of a few from last night.

I am doing my max curls with a spotter. I am shooting for 6 reps of 50lb dumbbells when you reach the peak of the curl you turn your wrist and slowly come down with the dumbbell so it works both the bi and the tri. My friend slash manager is spotting me and on my last rep downward I exhale and let out the most thunderous protein fart that literally carried through the whole gym and it just happens to be at the same time a very attractive girl walks right behind me. I can do nothing but laugh as she does the same then i proceed to refocus in the mirror and realize that dam near everyone within 40 feet is staring at me I didnt know how loud it was due to my headphones but my buddy is like "WTF WAS THAT DUDE?"

Later I am on the tricep press machine and she happens to be on the machine across from me. I am like oh great, awkwardness. Once again I am doing my max of 250 and my first rep I rip another one off, mid her rep she drops the handles and busts out laughing. I do nothing but smile and shrug.

I will be for sure known as the crop duster at my gym from this day forward and have a feeling I will never be able to strike up a convo with her ever.

I refer to them as 'Rocket Assisted Lifts' All the cool kids are doing them.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Of all the dumb things to forget, once I worked out in combat boots. Had everything else in my bag that morning when I left for the gym where I worked, but wasn't going to let footwear get in the way of my lifts...came out without and the first employee to catch me, busted me out.....so walked back to the locker room, and threw my work boots on.......so I played it off as showing how serious I was to get my max bench up at the time lol......yeah get some!!!!

Yeah treadmill slip and falls are pretty funny to watch....and I can honestly say I'm glad that most people at my gym have earphones playing music because I know I've eeked a few that were just like whoah......
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well it was a while ago, but I was at the gym walking on the treadmill and this woman comes in to the gym, stumbling and falling into things. At first I thought she hurt herself or something but quickly realized she was completely DRUNK. Not even kidding.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was cracking me up. I've never been so entertained at the gym before. LOL

There is this ridiculously tiny (in a malnourished hobo way) looking girl at my gym, who is so completely uncoordinated/unflexible/generally unco she gets about a quarter of the room to herself in Body Combat, Pilates, etc. I'm being serious.

Maybe she's drunk? Or on something?? That would explain a lot...
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I was using pulley stacked weights for lats pull downs, and went to change the weight, bent over and pulled the pin out of the stack - and then suddenly -- WHAP! -- got smacked on the top of the head by the bar that was now the heaviest thing on the pulley......such a newbie mistake -- I very quickly panned the room to make sure no one saw me - but day-um it hurt!
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well it wasn't at the gym (grandma's house) but I watch my oldest brother turn a treadmill on once while standing on the belt. He face planted the display and then fell backwards into the wall. I was laughing so hard I could hardly even ask if he was alright. I thought everyone knew better than to do that.