Just wanted to introduce myself

Options
In 2006 with a BMI over 50 I took the plunge and had WLS. I was a slow loser but eventually surpassed my weight goal and achieved normal body weight. I kept it off completely for 3 years. But the last two years have been very challenging. My dad died in 2009 and my mother in 2010. I have always been a stress eater and returned to the very eating habits that I promised myself I would never return to again. I stopped exercising regularly and turned to comfort foods. Five pounds turned into ten pounds and ten pounds turned into twenty. When I realized that twenty pounds was approaching thirty I knew I had to make some changes.

I have researched and researched food and fitness sites so assist me in my goals. I decided that this one is the best way to meet my needs. I am on a voyage of discovery and looking forward to sharing this journey with all of us.

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    This is a great website for tools and support! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need additional support :)
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    You have found the right place. There are many supportive tools and folks here that can help you on your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck on all your goals.
  • AzizaBell
    AzizaBell Posts: 28
    Options
    hi marci and kblue - this IS a great website - i hope it works for you both! also add me as a friend if yo like - its is great for motivation! i have lost 17 pounds, feel so much better physically and emotionally already. i have abount another 20 to go.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place. I have made great friends who have helped me make it as far as I have. This is the best I have ever done losing weight before and its all because its easy and there are so many people behind you helping you stay focused.

Best of luck!
    Mystycrose

2140874.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KootenayGal
    Options
    Hi there, I just joined 3 days ago and the support is great here. Add me as a friend if you like, then we can support each other.