Burn Baby Burn!!

Options
Hello MFP Friends!!

I joined MFP back in January to use it as a tool on my weight-loss journey. Having gone through the cycle of losing and gaining on what seems to be an annual basis, I decided to do something different this year. As I lose the weight and grow out of.....err "shrink out of"....a size of pants, rather than keep them as a security blanket just in case I gain a few pounds back, I'm letting them BURN!!

I have a fabulous group of like minded friends who are on this journey with me, and last night my friend Donna and I set our first pants ablaze!! When I started MFP 01/04/2011 I was wearing a size 16, now I'm a snuggish 12 or a loose 14. (Although I am typing this wearing a pair or forgiving 10s!!) I've still got a long way to go but I look forward to burning my next pants soon!!!

Elana

My friend Donna and I, Pre-Burn (I'm on the left.)
Pre_Burn.jpg

The Sisterhood of the Flaming Pants!
Pants_On_Fire.jpg

Good Riddance
Pants_In_Pit.jpg

Replies

• loserchick
    loserchick Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You rock!! Congrats chiquita :flowerforyou:
  • AQHAShowgirl
    AQHAShowgirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You rock!! Congrats chiquita :flowerforyou:

Thanks. It was fun!! My friends and I have our next weigh-in dinner in 2 weeks and plan to be roasting some more by then. lol
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    fab:smile:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE that idea ... it had to be VERY freeing ... I gave the pants that got too big for me to Goodwill but I think I might just burn the next pair
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    haha .. that is awsome , i have a few pairs to burn as well ... might have to copy that ..total awsome-ness ...
    great job on your loss
  • meganed24
    Options
    congrats :) what a fun idea!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sweet idea....congrats...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats on your success so far! :drinker:
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    haha .. that is awsome , i have a few pairs to burn as well ... might have to copy that ..total awsome-ness ...
    great job on your loss

Thanks, Eh!! Congrats on your loss as well....one Canuck to another. :happy:
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options
    OMG I LOVE that idea ... it had to be VERY freeing ... I gave the pants that got too big for me to Goodwill but I think I might just burn the next pair

I will be donating whatever doesn't get burned. :wink:
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    That rocks... I think I'm going to save a pair for burning and take the rest to goodwill. Congrats on your success thus far and love the idea and photos!! :drinker:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Love the idea! I will have to suggest it to my DH. He has lost over 30 lbs with MFP and I'm at about 15. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!!! I love it!! love it!!! love it!!! great job and good for you!!! I think I'll do the same:)) Thanks for sharing:))
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options

So glad to have read this!! I love the idea of burning them, but couldn't help but think of the folks who could benefit from the generosity of donating! I will say, though, that handing in a bag of clothes to the nice folks at Goodwill does not have nearly as much "finality" as burning them would! lol!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love the idea, but I don't think I'd be able to burn them without making s'mores. :laugh:
  • AQHAShowgirl
    Options

So glad to have read this!! I love the idea of burning them, but couldn't help but think of the folks who could benefit from the generosity of donating! I will say, though, that handing in a bag of clothes to the nice folks at Goodwill does not have nearly as much "finality" as burning them would! lol!

Honestly...I don't think I could bring myself to donate the pants I burned. Lets just say my thighs have been "close friends" for a long time and tend to wear my jeans out a little quicker than usual in certain areas. :tongue:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    very great..but umm maybe someone else can use those pants instead of burning?? just a thought..seems sad
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sold- I'm digging out my size 16's and burning them. Hell yeah!
  • zucena
    zucena Posts: 43
    Options
    Way to go!!! Woo Hoo!!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!