Small Success!

Options
I didn't go to the gym yesterday. Then, last night I went out with hubby and we had a few drinks and shared a cheese plate. I definitely went over by a few hundred calories.

Instead of feeling guilty, I just enjoyed it, and then woke up early this morning and went to the gym for an hour.

I'm learning to have some indulgences without making it a pattern across several days. Today is a new day, and I'll make healthy choices. Small success!

Replies

• michelegbowman
    Options
    This actually sounds like a big success to me.

It indicates a positive and permanent life style change.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    As Michele said above, its a lifestyle change - you are not going to stay in for the rest of your life, its how you deal with it that counts. Well done :smile:
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    That is awesome!! it is okay to splurge every now and then. You did the right thing, just get right back on track!!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good attitude
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    This actually sounds like a big success to me.

It indicates a positive and permanent life style change.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

A big success indeed!
  • antoinemb
    antoinemb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Way to go! don't be too critical and celebrate the small successes. It's persistence in the long term that will pay off. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while unlike me who treated myself at every meal until I found this website and I started to blend in with the hot air balloons!
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    nice job!!! :bigsmile:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it feels good to know I can have a fun night out and then make good choices the next time it's meal / gym time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!