Hello from Toronto

Options
Hey, I'm Tash in Toronto.

I use to be very fit and gained back all my weight plus some after having my daughter more than 6 years ago now. I had severe post partum depression that took many years to overcome and a c-section incision that took over a year to heal both of which derailed me.

I then stayed derailed until this summer when I realized I was soon not going to be able to keep up with my daughter riding something as simple as a bike because I wasnt taking care of my health.

So I spoke to my Dr and joined a gym and hired a personal trainer. Decided not to go the WW route this time but let the trainer coach me on everything. I started with the trainer in late September and I am already down 40 pounds to-date and feeling so much healthier. My trainer thinks I should lose another 56 pounds. I think I want to lose another 76 pounds. But we're going with his goal first because I've been doing a lot of strength training and he doesn't think my goal is realistic without lose of lean muscle mass.

I just joined MFP to avoid the plateau I feel about to start. I have not been journalling food to date and I think I need to begin watching everything as I continue my journey to better health :)

Looking forward to getting to know more of you.

Cheers, Tash

Replies

• Tifiney_Rey
    Tifiney_Rey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Thats the same reason I joined this site. Minus the trainer! lol. I'm going through my plateau after only 6 weeks of working out. I've lost 12lbs and then moved to this site.

Keep up the great work though! You'll love this site!!!

6337276.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Pleasure to meet you. A really great group of friends to support and motivate you.

Feel free to add me as a freind.