Military needs your prayer

Options
News just came out for all Active Duty military. We will only get half a pay check on the 15th. And unless congress makes a decision we will NOT be getting paid on the 1st. Please pray for our troops (myself included), as many of us will be unable to pay our bills and provide for families.

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    my brother in law is in Korea and his wife called me last night freaking out. You are all definately in my prayers. On his base in Korea they are also doing mandatory black outs for 7 hours Saturdays and Sundays to save on electicity. :sad:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of crap I can't stand. In my opinion all military especially active duty and veterans need to be taken care of. No questions about it. Sick of seeing this mess happen year after year!! You are all in my prayers for sure!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    not only but several thousand other federal employees will be furloughed without pay. please pray for all.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What a terrible shame. THANK YOU MILITARY! You have my prayers and thoughts. I wish so badly I could do more. GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY AND THE USA!! :heart:
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I feel you...I'm in the same boat. This is horrible :(
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My son deployed with USMC aboard the USS Green Bay with wife here. Prayers are sent out everyday to all Military members and their families. Pay our people!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That absolutely sucks and you have my prayers too. Congress needs to not draw their own paychecks.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I have a friend in the military, and just heard about this.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm definitely praying for you all!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Although, living and working in Italy, I'm not directly influenced by this situation about 95% of my family (mother, father, brother, loads of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) is so I'll definitely include you in my very wide circle of prayers.:flowerforyou:
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Such a sad state! All military are in my prayers. The right thing to do would be for Congress to give up their paychecks until they come to an agreement.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    I love how we have all been told to call banks, credit cards and anyone else we make payments to And tell them we will not be paying, then ask if we can pay when we get paid. Really??? So we are all just supost to tell everyone Hey, sorry i cant pay my car payment, rent, insurance, electric bill.... What about our credit scores? What about our cleanaces that cost the govt thousands of dollars to provide for us, how many will lose them over financial issues. While the congressmen sitting on their rears arguing get paid. WTH!!! I can't even imagine the families that have members over seas and children...
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You are all in my prayers i can't believe the US government would do such a thing.Its outrageous.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Why are we always sending money to other Countries, when we need to take care of our own. Is everyone in the White House just stupid? It isn't hard to figure out that we can't keep doing this. Alot of them hate the USA to begin with, and we help them and treat our own like this? I'm sorry for all these countries that they are in a bad way, but at this point so are we. I pray for our Military, this is so awful!!!!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    The military should be the FIRST people to get paid..they risk their lives EVERY second of EVERY day for us! If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a government so take away the politicians checks and give to the military..sorry this is a sore subject for me!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    That is so wrong!!! My nephew is in the Air Force, and is supporting a family of 5!! All of the males in my family have served in various branches and wars...WTF is wrong with our government????? The people that risk their lives for us, are getting screwed...I see no logic in that at all. Also :sad:for the Federal employees as well!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    The military should be the FIRST people to get paid..they risk their lives EVERY second of EVERY day for us! If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a government so take away the politicians checks and give to the military..sorry this is a sore subject for me!
    ^^that!!!!
  • Lana359
    Lana359 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I CAN'T believe that! :mad: I'm sure Congress has NO problem making sure they get paid! You & all military families will be in my prayers. :smile:
  • mingermany
    Options
    My husband has spent over 30 months deployed to either Afghanistan or Iraq and over 2 years in S. Korea and THIS is the thanks he gets? GRRRR!
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for sounding uneducated on the subject, but I can't seem to find two new sources that report on it the same.

How long will your paychecks be stopped for?
    Why is this happening?

I know, loaded, unsure questions, but like I said, all these news sites are reporting different things, of course, none of them are military!