30-Day Bikram Yoga Challenge - June 2011

Options
Hey everyone!

I know it's only April, but I'm starting to ramp up my yoga to prepare to do a 30-day challenge in June. Basically, you just do a Bikram class everyday in June.

My goals are to go a minimum of 12 times in the remainder of April, and a minimum of 18 times in May in order to start getting ready for June.

Anyone with me? :)

Replies

• FruitLoop05317
    Options
    holy crap!!!! i was reading about that...and idk if i can do it...im a wussy when it comes to being hot...i like sweating...but i hate being in a hot stuffy room!! You are a stronger person than i!!!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I do yoga but not the hot kind.... love doing it.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    It is hot... but honestly you feel amazing afterwards. I'm so excited to see how 30 days affects me.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What is bikram yoga? Never heard of it before
  • eponai
    eponai Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i work too much to be able to do a class every day, it just doesn't fit in to my schedule, but i do try to go at least 3 times a week and when i'm really being good i go 5 times a week.

yay for you!
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Options
    It's a type of hot yoga. It's a series of 26 positions, repeated twice (with some exceptions) in a room heated to 105 degrees with 40% humidity. I noticed increases in strength and flexibility after only going a couple of weeks.

Eponai - yeah it's tough... I've wanted to do the 30 day challenge for awhile, but it's so hard to fit it in your schedule.