Zumba Fitness

Options
So I actually bought zumba today and it was a really good deal. I've heard a lot of people say good things about it, and i'm really excited to try it. I have tried all sorts of workouts to try and lose weight, but I can't seem to lose a significant amount like I need to do. I get bored and discouraged very easily. So does it really help you lose a lot of weight? How often do you guys workout to them in a week?

Replies

• chicalatte
    chicalatte Posts: 174
    Options
    What's Zumba fitness?
  • ProfPatty35
    Options
    its a dance workout and its supposed to help lose weight.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba! I go to a live class. It's like a little dance party. I feel like it makes working out fun... which I need because I'm not too fond of working out. I go 3 times a week and walk/strength train on my days off. When I first started my weight loss journey I tried to get cardio in 6-7 times a week. Enjoy!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I take an actual Zumba class once a week and I like it. I'm pretty heavy (218 pounds) and there's a lot of jumping in it, so it kind of hurts my knees, but I just take it a little easier when my knees starts to hurt. I figure, no pain no gain and if I could lose some dang weight, it wouldn't be so hard on my knees anyway, so I go again. :)

I think you'll be happy with your purchase! It's a very intense cardio style workout and will definately help you lose weight if you stick with it. Let us know how you like it after your first workout! :)
  • whitwell1
    Options
    I am addicted to zumba and go to a class 2 or 3 times a week! Although my weight loss has been slow I have gone down over one dress size! Have only been going 8 weeks!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I Love Zumba as well!!! I take a class 3 x/wk but want something for when I don't have class.....

I went on Amazon this morning & looked at the Zumba fitness dvd set (have been thinking of purchasing it myself)
    Wondered if anyone already has these dvd's & if they like them??
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    I've only been working out, consistantly, and eating right for just over a month but I love Zumba!
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I go to a Zumba class.

I think it's great! If you really give it your all you can burn a ton of calories. You can get your cardio and strength in at the same time. Zumba is perfect for women, I think. Because it's alot of Latin dance moves it really works the curves of your body.

After you get comforable with Zumba at home I'd look into attending a class. The classes are so much fun!
  • ProfPatty35
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'm really excited to start because my mom's friends all say it's really good too. I would attend classes, but I have school 3 days a week and no vehicle. lol thats why I finally bought the dvds.
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    its the todays special value on qvc today!!!!

I'm addicted, I take a class 2x a week and just bought the zumba kinect today, can't wait to get it!!!
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    love love love zumba i go twice a week and also have it for the wii , i have bad knees but i have noticed they have got stronger since i started it also i really hate exercise but i cant wait for a session fo zumba
  • ebonythrives
    ebonythrives Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say ZUMBa!?!?! i LOVE it!!!! I've been thinking of purchaing a DVD for my collection @ home when I can't get out. How are the Zumba Fitness DVD? It's such a perfect way to dance the pounds away and that ocmment is so true about moving w/ thos e. I go to a live class 2-3 times a week and this Sunday will be my second Zumba-thon!!! I need to get a heartrate monitor/calorie counter so I can be certain about the amount of calories burned. To all enjoy your Zumba whenever and wherever and may we all Zumba on!!!
  • flowergirl2011
    Options
    I know, my friend told me all about it! It sounds like alot of fun, but i don't have the time or money to do it.
  • natie73
    natie73 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just bought the Zumba for the Wii. I haven't done it, yet? How is it? I've never done Zumba but I hear great things about it.
  • mrsstefguerrero
    Options
    I have zumbia for kinect too! Add me as a friend we can encourage each other
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba for the wii. It's great, I get together with my friends and we all do it together. There are different levels and amounts of time that you can choose to do it.
  • kswietek
    kswietek Posts: 80
    Options
    my kinect zumba comes tomorrow, I'm so excited. I take a zumba class 2 days a week but I can't wait to be able to do it at home too.