Brides on a Mission: Week 14

Options
13»

Replies

• zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    to eaglesfan: It sucks that your fiancee doesn't cook. It can be real tough to eat healthy if there is nothing healthy in the fridge. Have you tried talking to him about how stressed you are and how important it is for him to support you right now? He may be willing to pick up the slack and surf the web for some healthy, easy recipes. Maybe at leats he can make a big salad so that you can fill up on the salad after work with a small portion of whatever else you are having (even if junk food?)

I am graduating this summer wiht my master's degree in nursing. So between working full time, intense year of school and now, wedding planning, I was really strating to stress. I had a long talk wiht my fiancee asking for his help at this time and he has responded really positively, cooking healthy meals three times a week for dinner.
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sorry I started posting before introducting myself.

1. Name: Zlata
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: NYC
    4. Occupation: oncology Nurse/ Graduate student
    5. Wedding date: sometime in December 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Akiva
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 160
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 by December
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Calisthetics
    11. Favorite healthy food: Raisins
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 14

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Not sure... didn't weigh in this past weekend, but will this upcoming weekend.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): It's finally getting warm outside and my city is starting to prepare for the 3 weeks of Kentucky Derby Festival events (which officially starts on April 16 with the "Thunder Over Louisville" fireworks) leading up to the KY Derby, it's so fun to see how the city comes alive and puts on her "Derby Best" for everything

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Trying to not get overwhelmed with all the final wedding details that need to be finalized like ceremony selections, song choices, ordering wedding bands, etc. All the big things have been figured out, but, what's the saying, "the devil is in the details."

4. What type of food will be served at the wedding: We still have our final food tasting next week, but the current plan is:
    Cocktail Hour: Vegetables with ranch dip in mini flower pots and Caprese salad lollipops
    Dinner: Except for the salad everything is being served family style
    - Bibb Salad with Sliced Granny Smith Apples, Smoked Gouda, Candied Pecans, Red Onion, Yellow Cherry Tomatoes and a choice of Granny Apple Vinaigrette or Balsamic Vinaigrette
    - Tomato Cucumber Vinaigrette Salad
    - Shoepeg Corn Salad
    - Bourbon Glazed Bacon Wrapped Grilled Pork Filets (Bourbon glazed since we live in KY after all :smile: )
    - Key Lime Chicken Breasts garnished with a lime slice
    - Mashed Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes (OMG this is so delicious!!)

5. Any wedding news updates: Had my first dress fitting last week and can't wait for my second one next week. Plus my bridesmaids dresses came in!!

6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: Don't really have one

7. What is your favorite fruit: Strawberries (raw or frozen) or grapes

8. How did you do with the week 13 challenge (limiting caloric drinks): Pretty well!

9. Weekly wrap up: After all the craziness at work the past couple of weeks, things are finally calming down and I'm plan on getting back to the gym soon. Main source of exercise lately has been walking the dogs, but ready to get back to strength training at the gym.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 14 - I am having a rough time right now soooo I apologize ahead of time for being a debbie downer!!!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: NONE or none that I know of.....I havent stepped on a scale

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got a new car!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) and found a potential house to rent!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): FH may not have a job next year soooo the house to rent may not happen!!! :0( but everything happens for a reason and if we are meant to have it then we will and if we arent then we wont!!!

4. What type of food will be served at the wedding: not sure yet havent done that BUT we know that we will do Turkey or Chicken!! and Turkey and stuffing is my fav soo we will prolly go with that (unless its nasty during the taste test)

5. Any wedding news updates: we hired a DJ and video person!!!! we are almost 13 months out!!! sooo now we are listening to ceremony music options!! then I think next on my list will be flowers!!!

6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: Turbo Fire and pretty much anything with Chalene!!!!

7. What is your favorite fruit: bananas!!! really i love them all...

8. How did you do with the week 13 challenge (limiting caloric drinks): I am pretty good at that!!! :))

9. Weekly wrap up: ive just not worked out as much as i should!! i am hoping after my 5K on Sat I get that race fever again and I get on it...im almost to the year mark...and I am just soo disappointed in myself :0(
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: Turbo Fire and pretty much anything with Chalene!!!!

What type of workout is turbo fire? It sounds cool!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I didn't post anything on that earlier thread about favorite recipes or recipe websites, but I came across this one at work:

www.recipekey.com

You can search recipes in a variety of ways. I go by the shortest preparation time. Don't get me wrong, I like to cook, but I don't always have time for it.

At the bottom is a pop up that flags it in red if it's high in any category, such as calories or fat, plus the nutritional label is off on the left side if you want to enter it into MFP.

Shannon
  • AdrienneB33
    AdrienneB33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Figured I'd introduce myself:

1. Name: Adrienne
    2. Age: 31
    3. City: Dayton, OH
    4. Occupation: Unemployed at the moment, but work in the criminal justice field.
    5. Wedding date: July 23, 2011 with a stateside reception to follow at a date TBD
    6. Fiancés name: Matt
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Almost 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 192
    9. Goal weight and date: 150 by July 23, 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Spinning, Boot Camp Aerobics, and at home work outs, especially the Jillian Michaels ones.
    11. Favorite healthy food: Berries.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options

What type of workout is turbo fire? It sounds cool!

its the newest Chalene workout video....its like a notch up from the Turbo Jam and if you own the ChaLEAN Extreme there is a hybrid one!!! if I can ever finish the whole Fire then I would def try the hybrid!!! but I never start what I finish :0(
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 14 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I tried measuring my body fat, but I couldn't get a fixed reading on it. I'll weigh in next week instead and take my measurements.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I am really excited that I worked out 7 days in a row! I forced myself to take a break last night.*LOL*
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I wasn't thrilled that on my exercise night off, I ended up eating too many turtles and went over by 500 calories. I hope it didn't undo all of the work I did working out!
    4. What type of food will be served at the wedding: Filet Mignon, Brie Stuffied Chicken Breast, Mushroom Ravioli
    5. Any wedding news updates: Finished my wedding programs and am ready to print them!!!
    6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: Pick your Spot Pilates, Crunch Joy of Yoga, Bellydancing videos with Veena and Neena (twins)
    7. What is your favorite fruit: tomatos
    8. How did you do with the week 13 challenge (limiting caloric drinks): No problems there. I mostly drink diet soda and coffee. (I know... diet soda isn't that great for you either).
    9. Weekly wrap up: Overall, I'm happy with my progress at the gym and how I'm eating (this week's splurge, nonwithstanding!)

Shannon
  • pnutz121779
    Options
    Found this through a friend on the message boards, we can all be in this together right? :)

1. Name: Paula
    2. Age: 31
    3. City: Brooklyn, New York
    4. Occupation: NYC Dept of Education Guidance Counselor
    5. Wedding date: 11/11/11
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: October 17, 2007
    8. Heaviest weight: 239
    9. Goal weight and date: 165-180 by wedding date (11/11/11)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: People have a favorite exercise? LoL Elliptical, dancing....waiting on my P90X Dvds to arrive
    11. Favorite healthy food: Practically any vegetable
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hell yeah I lost two pounds!!! down 25, 2.5lbs to go before half way! feels good.

I had a dream last night...about my wedding. Normally wedding dreams are about something that goes horribly wrong, or not at all what you thought your wedding would be. I've had two of those so far. But the dream last night was about my wedding dress. It had arrived, and I put it on, and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I could feel my pulse quickening and the heat radiating from my cheeks, flushed with pure pleasure. I could feel the coolness of the silk and the perfect form of the sweatheart neckline. It was just a magnificent piece of clothing that fit me perfectly. Regardless of how the day actually turns out, rain or shine, I am going to marry the man that I love and we are going to celebrate the unity of two souls. Lets just hope my dress fits ;)

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: loss of .4: So I'm at 168!!!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Did lots of stuff in our yard: Painted the outside light, raked, fixed the dryer vent, etc! Feeling accomplished, and using any excuse to be outside!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Nada: enjoying this sunshine!!!
    4. What type of food will be served at the wedding: Stuffed chicken breast with hollandaise sauce and stuffed pork chop with jim beam glaze! Nummmy!
    5. Any wedding news updates: Just doing the whole registering thing, and loving it! I've done lots online which helps to ease the nuissance!
    6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: I dont.... but I do have a pilates abs dvd that I do if i'm like snowed in or something. I prefer group fitness classes at the gym! I need the extra motivation!!
    7. What is your favorite fruit: Ahhh, none please! I've never liked fruit, but now I eat it.. because I'm a healthy new MEEE! But vegetables? I cannot get enough!
    8. How did you do with the week 13 challenge (limiting caloric drinks): I only drink water or black coffee.. so I'm fine! I did have 2 beers, and logged those calories (yikes, in the summer I love sipping on ice cold beer. Probably not this summer! haha)
    9. Weekly wrap up: Not driving anywhere this weekend, and totally looking forward to it! Grilling out tonight with a girlfriend! My fiance is at the Twins opener, so I'll be at home with some wine! hehe I'm excited to hang out outside, perhaps read some of my book, go on lots of walks etc! Just excited to stay in town!
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    hell yeah I lost two pounds!!! down 25, 2.5lbs to go before half way! feels good.

I had a dream last night...about my wedding. Normally wedding dreams are about something that goes horribly wrong, or not at all what you thought your wedding would be. I've had two of those so far. But the dream last night was about my wedding dress. It had arrived, and I put it on, and it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I could feel my pulse quickening and the heat radiating from my cheeks, flushed with pure pleasure. I could feel the coolness of the silk and the perfect form of the sweatheart neckline. It was just a magnificent piece of clothing that fit me perfectly. Regardless of how the day actually turns out, rain or shine, I am going to marry the man that I love and we are going to celebrate the unity of two souls. Lets just hope my dress fits ;)

Aw, that's so sweet! All my wedding dreams so far have been of the nightmare variety. Ugh. From forgetting to decorate the reception hall, to not booking a photographer! I could use some nice dreams!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    So I don't know where else to turn. I am so stressed right now, and none of it has to do with wedding planning. mostly it has to do with work and insane parents at work, I work from 9-6, so when i am on my way home from work the last thing on my mind is cooking when i get home, so usually my fiancee just says to pick up some fast food. BAD I KNOW!!! but I am so exhausted and he doesn't cook that I just do it. I feel like crap and since all this stress and eating I have gained like 3 pounds. I don't even have the energy to get up in the morning in work out, and I need to get it back. I guess I just need some support right now. Anyway had to get that off my chest any tips/suggestions/motivation would be wonderful.

I'm sorry girl! I know it must be hard. And that has to be frustrating that your fiance wont make dinner either. Have you thought about spending Sundays cookies a few meals and then having them throughout the week for dinner? We do that a lot at my house and it works out wonders. It even helps to pre-package all the meals into servings sizes and all I have to do it pop it in the micro and dinner is ready!

That sucks, i'm sorry to hear you're so stressed! But i agree with wannabrn, my fiance and I have a big cook-up every couple of weekends, that way we've always got a freezer full of awesome food we just have to defrost.
    :) Keep your chin up, you can do it!
  • redruthie
    redruthie Posts: 77
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: A loss of 2.5lbs! 18lbs total.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My fiance and I ordered our wedding rings :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I've battled this week with juggling a full time job, school, and trying to stay on track. It all seems so overwhelming!

4. What type of food will be served at the wedding:

5. Any wedding news updates: We ordered our rings!!

6. What is your favorite workout DVD to use at home: Zumba DVD! It's so much fun. I'm waiting on P90X DVD's... they should be arriving sometime next week.

7. What is your favorite fruit: Strawberries. yum!!!

8. How did you do with the week 13 challenge (limiting caloric drinks): I drink nothing but water, so I did well.

9. Weekly wrap up: Good week besides all the homework I have to catch up on. I have a family BBQ to attend tomorrow, and I find that I am distracted from what I NEED to be doing instead of what I AM doing. Example: I AM going to a BBQ, but I NEED to workout and do homework. How to settle this on-going debate in my head is the real question. (sigh)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Aw, that's so sweet! All my wedding dreams so far have been of the nightmare variety. Ugh. From forgetting to decorate the reception hall, to not booking a photographer! I could use some nice dreams!
    [/quote]

I've had two of those, and my wedding isn't for another year...they're anxiety dreams...i highly recommend getting your girlies together and going for a day spa...you just need to relax and let your worries disappear for a little bit
  • redruthie
    redruthie Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new! I've been on MFP since September, and got engaged in February, but somehow *just* found this board! Looking forward to having other brides to commiserate with and keep me motivated (I need it)!

1. Name: Yvonne
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Reston, VA
    4. Occupation: Java Programmer
    5. Wedding date: May 27, 2012
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 155
    9. Goal weight and date: 130 by September, 2010
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running, Kickboxing, Pole Dancing, Zumba
    11. Favorite healthy food: Almonds, Grilled *Anything*, Eggs, Spinach

A little more about me... I follow the Primal/Caveman diet, have a gym membership but have been ~whoa~ slacking lately, and am planning a Vineyard weddng for about 125 people. I've lived with my FI for a year and a half, we're both in IT, and we have two cats.

A vineyard wedding sounds so romantic! Which vineyard do you have in mind?
    Pole dancing sounds like a lot of fun! I bet your fiance enjoys it :P

We have similar wedding dates. My fiance and I will be getting married on a beach in Oahu, HI on May 24, 2012!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/213568-brides-on-a-mission-week-15

Here is the link for the new week. Please make all new posts there and no longer on this weeks board.