Under calorie goal

Options
I'm always under my calorie goal by quite a bit. I'm also under my carb goal. I guess I was scared off from carbs. I don't want to starve myself, so what would be healthy foods to add to my diet, with or without a good amount of carbs. I was thinking fruits, because I usually only eat veg. The only fruit I like is apple. What else could I add?

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Almonds are a great addition to your meal plan. :)
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to add I'm allergic to nuts which sucks because nuts are a great snack in so many ways. Thanks anyways :)
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    Be careful about being too much under your calorie goal. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode because then every little calorie you eat will be stored as fat.
  • Akaratel
    Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yes fruits! the carbs in fruits are good nutritional carbs. cheese as well - meat!
  • mommy3x
    mommy3x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Do you like nuts? Almonds and walnuts are great choices. I know you said you don't really like fruit - but pomegrantes are wonderful. How about kiwi? They aren't traditional sweet and you may like them. Have you tried frozen fruit? I add frozen blueberries to cottage cheese and it tastes fantastic. The obvious choice for an addition is greek yogurt (everyone seems to be on this kick) - but it does have a tremendous amount of protein. Good luck!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said you are allergic to nuts, do you have the same issues with tree nuts/seeds/soya nuts?
    These can be added to increase safely and you can add them in throughout the day as snacks?
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    dont forget pears, berries, (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc) bananas. its easy to toss some sliced fruits into cereal, oatmeal and yogurt.

its spring time and your product section should be getting in fresh seasonal fruits daily.

Dont forget citrus, peaches ! plums ! nom nom l love fruits!
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    if you like apples...slice a red apple, stick it on a skewer, and bake in the oven .so delicious!

cottage cheese, protein shakes are great snacks