My List

Options
Well I couldn't get to sleep last night. I was thinking of all of the things I would gain as I lose this extra baggage.

Feel sexy for my hubby

Take shower with hubby

Paint my toes and breathe at the same time

Walk up the stairs and not feel like I am going to pass out

Feel more graceful

Feel more feminine

Go to an office party with my hubby and not feel like the fattest person in the room

Go to the movies and not feel like I am squeezed into the seat

Fly without feeling like I am taking up more then my share of space

Wear a skirt without feeling that disgusting slimy/sticky feeling of my thighs rubbing

Not wear out the crotch of my pants from my thighs rubbing

Be the "Hot Mom"

Not duck when a camera points in my direction

Jump from rock to rock as we play at the river

Sit in an inner tube at the river and not feel like they have to rub butter on it to get me out

Be able to shop anywhere and not just Lame Giant

Not have to lick my finger to get my rings on/off

Wear a necklace without that stupid extender that always gets turned to the front

Walk down stairs without my knees groaning

Go out with my hubby because I want to not because I have to

Wear cloths because they are cute not because they cover up my belly/butt

Wear a swimsuit without a skirt attached

Clothing will take up less space in a suitcase

Shopping will be fun and not a chore

Not look the other way when I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror/Window

Stop hiding behind pillows on the couch

I was actually seeing the light at the end of this long tunnel I have been in. I guess I am just ready. I am ready to shed this skin that has been holding me back for so long!

I just wish I could be one of those people that don't like junk food. I will always have to watch what I eat from now on and that pisses me off a bit. I love junk food and I love to eat. I will just always have to remind myself that the above list will taste so much better then a cheese burger!

Have a blessed day!!

Replies

• randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I agree with every bit of your list! It totally applies to me too!! We have a similar weight loss goal also! :) Good luck! WE CAN DO THIS!!! :)
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It is funny cause it is soooooo true!!!!!! Great list!:flowerforyou:
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'd say you've had you "ahhhh" moment ;)
    Great list.......you Can do all this & more!!!
    If you want support along the way friend me....
    Have a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Loved your list you have done a fantastic job well done :flowerforyou:
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think you should add

have a healthy cholesterol level

have a healthy blood pressure

sleep better at night because I exercise

look in the mirror and say- "Dang I look good"

exercise and realize I am doing this for me and no one else

exercise and feel the endorphins and say yes I can do this
  • Tiffeney
    Tiffeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love the one you said and if this is so true It will make me happy .. " Not wearing out the crotch of my pants from thighs rubbing " As of right now I have to get new yoga pants caz of this !
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I just wish I could be one of those people that don't like junk food. I will always have to watch what I eat from now on and that pisses me off a bit. I love junk food and I love to eat. I will just always have to remind myself that the above list will taste so much better then a cheese burger!

I like your list! Very motivational. One thing I'd like to share with you about the quote above is that I *used* to feel the same way...46 pounds ago. Over the past 10 months, I have read everything I can get my hands on about nutrition, and my thinking has completely changed. Not that I don't want some ice cream or cake now and then, but I have gone from a daily struggle against junk food to being able to keep it in the house without much of an effort to stay away from it. Give yourself time, and before long, your attitude will completely change. Good luck to you! :)
  • kate0309
    kate0309 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great list!
  • Duerdie
    Duerdie Posts: 5
    Options
    MMieure - Thanks for posting your great list. Very inspiring! It's clear that your sense of humor and your soul are in good shape. I think the list is a great idea. Mine's going to be somewhat different. I'm a "bit beyond middle age" male and we have that selective vision that blocks out or distorts the mirror to protect/distort our self esteem. However, the pants and belts don't lie. Neither does the blood pressure and cholesterol levels. #1 will be living to not just see but climb mountains with my grandchildren (should I be so blessed as to have them some day). I'm only on day 2 but I'm optimistic!
  • MMieure
    MMieure Posts: 48
    Options
    Love the one you said and if this is so true It will make me happy .. " Not wearing out the crotch of my pants from thighs rubbing " As of right now I have to get new yoga pants caz of this !

It is so true! I wore out the crotch of a favorite pair of crop pants the other day. I think that was one of the final straws!
  • MMieure
    Options
    Thank you all!

I was scheduled for the lap band surgery next Friday (4/15/11) and I cancelled it yesterday. I was on the pre-op liquid diet for a week and was doing so well that it made me think that I had more willpower then I had thought. I decided to give it another go on my own.

I feel strong and confident. I just feel "ready". I have a lot of weight to lose and that feels overwhelming if you think about the number all at one time and how long it will take.

I am okay with that now. I wanted to lose it more quickly. Just have it done with. But I don't think that I would learn my lesson that way.

It is not a lose it and get on with my life sort of thing. I need to learn what a healthy portion is. Get used to eating that much. Cook and eat healthier choices. I love to cook and feed people. That is how I show love for my family. I need to do other things that make me and my family happy.

I have three sons. Rob is 18 and in college. Matt is 16 and Jarrett is 15 and both in highschool. We all need to eat better. I am doing this for them as well as myself!
  • Rebeccamoore
    Rebeccamoore Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love your list, especially the one about wearing a skirt without thighs rubbing together and feeling uncomfortable.
    I combatted one today! I went to the playground with my son this morning and got up the steps to the slide without my bum touching the sides of the handrails...a very proud moment!!!!!!!!!
    Keep up the hard work, you are doing brilliantly!
    xxx
  • MMieure
    Options
    I love your list, especially the one about wearing a skirt without thighs rubbing together and feeling uncomfortable.
    I combatted one today! I went to the playground with my son this morning and got up the steps to the slide without my bum touching the sides of the handrails...a very proud moment!!!!!!!!!
    Keep up the hard work, you are doing brilliantly!
    xxx

Good job! I can't wait (weight...) to cross some of the items off my list!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE LIST !!!!!!
  • MMieure
    Options
  • MMieure
    Options
    I just thought of two more things to add to my list

Have my veins in my arms show up better. You should see the size of the bruise on my arm from the doctor yesterday missing because he couldn't find my vein! It is the size of an orange!

Be able to see my bikini area to shave! ( I know tmi but if you have a belly you know what I am talking about!)

I am enjoying this sight so much. I have received so much support. I am sure my family and co workers don't want to hear about every pound lost and NSV and I am so grateful to have a place to share.

It is so hard in the beginning when the work is so hard and time seems to go so slow. I used to think this is not working, what's the point. Let's go have a burger. Not this time. I am in it for the long haul.
  • MMieure
    Options
    Well I am starting to see the fruits of my labor. I have lost almot 12 pounds. It is just a drop in the bucket and I have so far to go. I was feeling a bit down about that. I was in my closet and I saw some purple crop pants that I bought last summer. I ordered them from a catalog and when I got them and tried them on they were way too tight. There was about 3 inches between the button hole. I am not very good about returning stuff through the mail so I just stuck them up on the shelf in my closet. I decided to try them on to see how far I needed to go and guess what!! They fit! They are still snug but I have them buttoned AND I am breating at the same time! WOO WHOO!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    LOVE THE LIST! and congrats on the purple crop pants!! :flowerforyou: