Easy chicken recipes

Options
nomoremuffintopness
nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
Excluding the crock pot. I know the crock pot is easy, but I already have a huge lists of stuff I want to try in it.

I work full time and have a 9 month old. Husband and I need quick, healthy recipes please. Whether it be baked, grilled, pasta or mexican please share. Thanks

Replies

• PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    alot of times, I will cook my chicken ahead of time and freeze it, so any recipe becomes quick and easy.
    I will dry saute it with vegetables and put it in a tortilla or mix it in with rice... or spinach salad.. make low fat quesadillas with it.

but try chicken with dijon mustard spread on top, add a spoonful of salsa on that and bake until done inside.
    Quick easy and great over rice. And low on calories.

chicken kabobs too! can do ahead of time. add your favorite vegies and cook in the oven or grill. Sometimes if I am in a real hurry, I will do kabobs in a bag... cook them in a foil bag on the grill or in the oven... just put all the goodies together with some low fat dressing.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Coat a chicken with egg beaters or an egg and roll it in crushed up frenchs french fried onions. the recipe is on the can. delish!
  • lilybug13
    lilybug13 Posts: 154
    Options
    Have you ever tried the Mrs. Dash seasonings? I just rub that on raw chicken breasts and bake it. Delicious!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    We just take Chicken breasts and put the pampered chef rub that we like and sprinkle that on it on both sides, and put it on the grill...in 15 min or so we have 4 chicken breast, 2 for supper, and 2 for lunch the next day for(one each for each of us :))
    Easy and quick :) and good :) eating my chicken breast for lucnh now :) PLUS low cal!!! :)
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    check out www.skinnytaste.com
    There are lots of good recipes and most are crockpot recipes.
    Good luck.
  • arowland77
    Options
    This is one of my favorite meals. I use yellow corn tortillas to make it gluten free but you can use regular tortillas.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 - 3/4 can of black beans
    1 can of corn (or 2 cups frozen corn thawed)
    2 cups salsa
    4-6 cups shredded cheese
    8-10 tortillas

Seasonings for chicken
    2 tbs Olive oil
    Garlic powder
    Salt
    Pepper

Cook chicken and shred
    I cook it in a skillet a cup of water, and the seasonings for chicken, on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes...until cooked through.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium sized bowl combine beans, corn, salsa, then mix in chicken

Line a greased 8x8 baking dish with one layer of tortillas, spread half of chicken mixture over tortillas, top with cheese, repeat. Top final layer of tortillas with cheese and bake until cheese melts (about 15 minutes ).

Top with lite sour cream and green onions if desired.

Once you make it the first time its really easy and usually only takes 30 minutes to make.
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    1 chicken breast
    1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free Cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
    2 tbsp Kraft - Free Zesty Italian (Fat Free Dressing)

I put salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder on the chicken and then rub 1 tbsp of the dressing on each side. Stuff the cheese inside the chicken and bake in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes.

340 calories
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    1 chicken breast
    1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free Cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
    2 tbsp Kraft - Free Zesty Italian (Fat Free Dressing)

I put salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder on the chicken and then rub 1 tbsp of the dressing on each side. Stuff the cheese inside the chicken and bake in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes.

340 calories

stupid question.... but how do I stuff it?
  • blondie3_04
    blondie3_04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just take a sharp knife and slit the chicken breast to where you almost cut it in half and then just stuff the cheese in. You could probably use a toothpick or something to keep it together so the cheese doesn't ooze out of the chicken like mine does but it doesn't bother me. I just scoop the cheese that oozed out and put it on top. :smile:
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I cook my chicken in a pan with lemon pepper seasoning. It's so yummy and I add vegetables with it, very filling as well!
  • masterbean
    Options
    Well, a number of years ago when I was in college, there was a chicken recipe I found on a Campbell's can that I loved. I tried to find it on their site but couldn't. I did find this quick and easy one though:

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
    1/2 cup water

1) Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
    2) Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Nutrition per Serving
    Calories: 253
    Fat: 11g
    Fiber: 1g
    Protein: 31g
    Sodium: 608mg

(URL: http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=39&ref=/SearchRecipesResult.aspx?filter=Nutritious%20and%20Delicious&fbid=xCXlSHiV9J6&fbid=xCXlSHiV9J6)
  • Dormouse85
    Options
    Honey Mustard Chicken (serves as many as you wish)

1 chicken breast for each person. Get a sheet of foil for each chicken breast. Spread each with a tsp of grain mustard. Put the chicken breast on, and spread on another tsp of mustard. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over each, and put a couple of slices of lemon in, as well) Wrap up the foil into a parcel.
    Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes. Then open the parcels and add 1/2 tsp honey to each. Bake for a further 5 minutes or so.

INDONESIAN CHICKEN:
    2 chicken breasts
    MARINADE:
    1/2 tsp sesame oil
    1/2 tsp grated ginger
    1 clove garlic, chopped
    grated zest/juice of 1 lemon
    1/2 tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder (I cut this down a bit)
    One and 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
    1/2 tsp paprika
    SAUCE:
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tsp grated coconut (I used dessicated)
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp chilli powder
    60 ml water

Mix marinade ingredients Marinade chickenfor about 1 hour (or more if possible)
    Put coconut in a pan with peanut butter, honey & chilli. Add water. Whisk until smooth (unless you used crunchy peanut butter!!!) Bring to boil & then simmer
    Grill the chicken breasts, until cooked, brushing with the marinade. (If you wish you could cut the chicken into chunks, & make brochettes with peppers & onions.)
    Serve with sauce & salad. And rice too, if you wish.

CHICKEN SALTIMBOCCA
    2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 slices lean parma ham (or similar)
    75g ricotta cheese
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 tbsp fresh mixed herbs, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried herbs)
    seasoning

* Preheat oven to 220°C.
    * Mix the ricotta, garlic, herbs & seasoning in a bowl.
    * Cut a deep slit in each chicken breast to make a pocket. Divide the ricotta mix in two, and stuff into the slit.
    * Wrap the parma ham around the chicken breast, folding the ends under. Secure with cocktail sticks, if necessary.
    * Place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment (or straight onto a non-stick baking sheet if you're like me.)
    * Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through

TURKEY (but would work with chicken) & Mushroom Ragout

250g turkey escalope/breast fillet 75ml chicken stock
    1 chopped garlic clove 2 tbsp red fat crème fraiche
    1/2 tbsp mustard 1 onion, finely chopped
    100g mushrooms, sliced 1/2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1/2 tbsp water

* Cut the turkey into strips. Spray a pan with fry-light & cook the strips over a moderate heat for 4 - 5 minutes
    * Add the garlic, onions & mushrooms. Season & cook for a further 4-5 minutes
    * Pour in the stock & bring to boil. Then stir in the crème fraiche and mustard. Bring back to the boil, & stir in the cornflour mix. Simmer, stirring, for another 4-5 minutes until thickened and smooth.
    * Serve sprinkled with parsley.

MARRAKESH CHICKEN
    Slash 2 chicken breasts and put in a baking dish. Slice 1 lemon into thick slices and put into the slashes. Mix together 100g natural yoghurt and a tbsp harissa paste. Slather onto the chicken. Bake at 200°C for 30 minutes.

Cut up a courgette, onion and red pepper. Spray with FryLight or similar. Bake in oven for 30 minutes also.

Make up 60g of raw weight cous-cous. Serve vegetables with cous cous, topped with chicken & any juices. Add parsley to cous cous, if you have any. I didn't.
  • DJ2NYCE
    DJ2NYCE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YEsSSS,....I love the salt-free seasonings they have out...i have all the flavors!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I stuff chicken breasts too.. usually with a little steamed spinach, laughing cow or goat cheese, season the outside and bake.
    Also will marinate chicken breasts in salsa and italian dressing and bake. Or season with Old Bay and lemon juice and bake.

Also check out www.hungrygirl.com and skinnytaste.com.. lots of good recipes on there too!

Editing: Coincidentally just found this while surfing the web...
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Check out e-mealz!

http://e-mealz.com/amember/go.php?r=204130&i=l1

This program gives you a weekly menu plan and gives you a grocery list. I love it because it give me healthier meals that are easy to make but stuff my entire family likes.

I'm signed up for the Portion Control Plan for 2