Weight loss partner , any takers?

Options
Hi my name is Bethanne and my goal is to lose alot of weight!!!I am 20 years old & I need help..The motivation of others would be great for me... I am looking for some people around my age trying to lose around 50 or more pounds to help keep each other in check and inspired! I am just looking for more people who want to lead a healthy life, which is everyone here! I think it would be really cool to have a weight loss partner or partners...Whether you are a girl or a guy it does not matter... Helping & motivating each other would be great for me.. If anyone is interested let me know and we can talk! =)

Replies

• Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    I am 20 years old also, I've lost 44 lbs scince January 10th I still have about another 40 to go. Friends? Lol.
  • xtina31
    xtina31 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I am 19 and trying to lose 25 more lbs ( I have lost 40 thus far). I joined MFP because I felt like I was losing motivation. I would love to all help keep each other motivated and share weight loss tips!

:)
  • Breeeeezy
    Options
    @ Peanutmanda ....Wow that is so awesome, You need to tell me your weight loss secret! 44 pounds is amazing, I need that... Of course we can be frends!!
  • Breeeeezy
    Options
    @ Durie Damn 40 pounds impresive I can barley lose 5! How did you start shedding the pounds?!
  • Krkoch82
    Krkoch82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I am 26 and have over 100 lbs. to lose. I just started my weight loss journey and would love some support as well. I read someone's post that they had an accountability partner and asked for more details. it seemed like basically they check in at the end of the day for how their calories turned out, any exercising, other thoughts, etc. through texting. If you would be interested in something like that as well, that would be great.

Let me know,
    Kristine
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am 20 years old also, I've lost 44 lbs scince January 10th I still have about another 40 to go. Friends? Lol.

Honey Im 42 and been on here since Jan 4th and you to tell me you weight loss secret! you have done an amazing job !!!!!
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    Hmm, Secrets... (im gonna get blasted for this on here...)

I don't eat my work out calories! Lol.

Hey, it works for me, i've also put on a good 5 lbs of pure muscle.
    I hit the gym 6 days a week like its the last time I can go to the gym for a month.
    I jog when i get home.
    I don't drink ANYTHING but water, and i never go over my 1300 calories...
    Low carbs ALOT of protein, low fat..
    Oh, and i eat out 1 a week. keeps me good the rest of the week.
  • xtina31
    xtina31 Posts: 3
    Options
    @Breeezy
    What really helped me lose weight was getting a job where I worked 8-10 hours a day, and constantly eating was no longer an option. Also, I found that if you increase the amount of fiber you eat, weight just seems to fall off. I constantly have to ask myself "Am I really hungry?" because I am guilty of mindlessly munching :) I started to run too, which also helped me shed some weight and really tone up. If you can, try and find an equally motivated work out buddy!