Looking for Low Carbers

Options
Anyone else out there on the low carb diet??:happy:

Replies

• kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting a low carb diet tomorrow. Carbs are my ultimate weakness :(
  • leslieallyne
    Options
    I generally prefer to do low carb diets, but haven't found a way to use MFP to focus on carbs and not calories. Did you just change your carbs daily goal?
    Thanks!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    YES...I am

I have been doing under 200...but yesterday just lowered it to under 50 NET carbs
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just started this week!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I generally prefer to do low carb diets, but haven't found a way to use MFP to focus on carbs and not calories. Did you just change your carbs daily goal?
    Thanks!

I manually changed my diet goals...carbs are set to 45...but sometimes go over because you have to subtract the fiber to get the net carbs
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber :)
  • barberella
    barberella Posts: 199
    Options
    Me too..I've been doing a low carb, low sugar diet for almost a month. I feel much lighter and when I don't screw up, I do really well with loss. I just started a week ago incorporating fruits. I had cut them out completely, but I just didn't feel right about not eating natural sugar. So, I eat a small amount of fruit a day; typically the kinds that have a low to medium glycemic index like grapefruit, berries, etc. But I slip up every now and then on pineapple and grapes because they're so yummy. Anyway, my carb intake is around 100 a day WITH fruit. It's a lot lower without it. I have cut out grains completely. Don't really miss it like I thought I would. Limits my choices when I go to eat, but I've accepted it...
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is the chart I found to decide how many carbs per day to eat. I am using the 50-100g/day. I have my food diary set to 75.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-succeed-with-the-primal-blueprint/
  • leslieallyne
    Options
    Thanks!

I manually changed my diet goals...carbs are set to 45...but sometimes go over because you have to subtract the fiber to get the net carbs
    Thanks!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of us misfits on here. :smile: Most of us, well I sholdn't say most, a good number of us are what we call Primal or Paleo groupies, it's kind of the "new and improved" Atkins theory. You can join our little support group here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/175165-palelo-support-group

and for more information relating to Paleo/Primal life style you can read up on it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
  • sagarikas
    sagarikas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Shirataki noodles aka miracle noodles- they are my latest fine 0 cal,<1 gm of carb. They are available in most Whole Foods. I ordered some online too.
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes. I change my carb in the change goal section. I wish they had a net carb tracker.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm lovin' the low carb thing. I always stay under 100g a day and it seems like as long as I am active and eating all the calories i need to then the weight is coming off almost by magic. I also FEEL better without carbs. On the two days that I've said screw it and eaten all I wanted I was lethargic and had NO energy. So carbs are deffinately no bueno for me!