Body Fat

Options
How is everyone figuring their body fat? I have been doing P90X for almost 60 days and have used the Beachbody body fat calculator after I take my measurements to determine my body percentage. I am wondering if there is a better or more accurate way/calculator out there. I am 5'8" and have come from 230.5 to 197.6. I do not think that I am 30.0% body fat anymore, which is why I am asking this question. Please let me know how you are determining your body fat. I also would like to know helpful ways that you used to eliminate body fat.

Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I use a Tanita body fat scale.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use an Omron BIA handheld.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I had my trainer at the gym do mine with the body fat pinchers. If you put in my height and weight into a BMI calculator it estimates my body fat to be 26%, the actual body fat test he gave me put me at 19.2%. Drastic difference,
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Professionally with calipers.
  • masterbean
    Options
    my weight scale uses a small electrical charge through the feet to determine it. Sorry, I don't know the brand.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    best way would be to have a trained person used the callipers, it can be accurate within 3% if done right. but it is easy to do it worng,

the body fat scales you step on are good for a quick idea but no where near accurate. they can be off as much as 10-15%

what we use in research to find out a true body compisition is called a dexa scan or the bod pod which measures air displacement, but these are expensive and very hard to get done.