Did you make it?

Options
So, did everyone make it thru Halloween ok? I for sure thought I was going to majorly go overboard with all that candy. I had a few pieces, but then I walked for almost 2hours with the kiddos and my hubby taking them trick- or- treating!!! That being said...my kids got some weird things last night, like highliters and pens, and gummy severed body parts...eww!

Did your kids getting anything out of the ordinary?:noway:

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    So, did everyone make it thru Halloween ok? I for sure thought I was going to majorly go overboard with all that candy. I had a few pieces, but then I walked for almost 2hours with the kiddos and my hubby taking them trick- or- treating!!! That being said...my kids got some weird things last night, like highliters and pens, and gummy severed body parts...eww!

Did your kids getting anything out of the ordinary?:noway:
  • healthychic
    Options
    I heard on the radio that somebody got a potatoe! :laugh:
  • PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No. :frown: All day long it was horrible! The buffet of cheese dip and bread and chili got to me...AND then the candy when I was craving something sweet after all of the salt. FAIL! Today is another day though.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

ahhh..was that wrong of me to hand out potatoes?:blushing: :huh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I did good but somehow ended up the "Cotton Candy Maker" at my church's Fall Festival twitchy.gif. BUT, I was really good and only ate a tiny bit of it. Really though, after messing with it for hours, I didn't want any! I had it ALL OVER ME! In my hair, all stuck to my shirt--I think I was doing something wrong :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I live in a gated condominium complex and the kids that live here don't go trick or treating in the complex so I didn't buy any candy. We'll see how next week goes at work when the co-workers bring candy to work. :tongue:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I was pretty good, it's the days that follow that'll get me lol!! Tyson got some bubbles and some bouncy balls!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It was a breeze.... limited funds so I stopped in WAlgreens for a small bag of Butterfingers Crisp and a bag of carmels. I had ONE butterfingers 1"x1" big, and that was it. The candy was gone in 20 minutes and we shut off the light and closed the door.

Peice of cake.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I got through the day very easily lol...(dont throw things at me:laugh: ) I dont like candy...not caramel, not chocolate...none of it. Ive always been that way with anything sweet. If I do on a very rare ocassion eat anything thats candy, it would be a few Starbursts or a few Skittles...Skittles are my favorite!:smile:

~Roni
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options

ahhh..was that wrong of me to hand out potatoes?:blushing: :huh:
    c_laugh.gifc_laugh.gifc_laugh.gifc_laugh.gif

00020086.gif00020086.gif00020086.gif
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Nothing unusual.. same 'ol stuff but one house was giving the trick or treaters homemade rice krispie treats, apple cider and hot chocolate.. mmmm.

I had 1 mini snickers... not too bad.
    This time last year, I had eaten about 6 of those mini candy bars.

*pat pat*
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I did okay ... we had two hours of dance lessons & then an open dance where I never sat down (although I wasn't dancing the whole time, my daughter & I were horsing around doing zumba moves!) so I figured about 500 calories but I think I probably burned more than that in 3+ hours.

There was candy & junk food at the dance/party, but for some reason I wasn't remotely tempted by it. Dunno why ... nobody else was really eating much, so it just wasn't a big deal.

We ate pizza before (I ate a little bit over 1/8 of a small veggie pizza & a roll with some dipping oil) and then after we went to steak & shake. I had a single grilled chicken sandwich and a yogurt & fruit shake ... still a ton of calories & I went over by about 130 if I only burned 500 calories ... but I'm not taking that too seriously.

I really REALLY hope my HRM gets here soon.... I know it's all evening out over time but I want to KNOW! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Nothing unusual.. same 'ol stuff but one house was giving the trick or treaters homemade rice krispie treats, apple cider and hot chocolate.. mmmm.

*pat pat*

YAY for you!! Doesn't it feel good!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    No candy, which was hard because I LOVE Reese's and hubby bought huge bags of them. I ate pumpkin seeds and had some wine and then it got really busy with Trick-or-Treaters so I didn't have time to think about munching on the candy because I was too busy handing it out.

My boys are too old to Trick-or-Treat and last night was the Homecoming football game, so my son that still lives at home went to that. Tonight is the dance, but he has a basketball game instead - which is fine with me! :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    There were a zillion teenagers out...more than usual. Most of them, unfortunately, were swearing and being rude in front of the little ones.:angry:

Someone stole my foam pumpkins and smashed them in the street. Double :angry: :angry:
    Only had 1 mini Snickers.

and all I got was a rock.:frown:
    Igotarock.gif

Glad it's over.:happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

*pat pat*

YAY for you!! Doesn't it feel good!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    It sure does!:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I was good.
    I could say it.
    It would be a lie.
    Apple cider and sour Jelly-Belly hangover for me today.
    :sick:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    There were a zillion teenagers out...more than usual. Most of them, unfortunately, were swearing and being rude in front of the little ones.:angry:

Someone stole my foam pumpkins and smashed them in the street. Double :angry: :angry:
    Only had 1 mini Snickers.

and all I got was a rock.:frown:
    Igotarock.gif

Glad it's over.:happy:

What a bummer! We lucked out this year. The teenagers who did come by were 1) dressed up (which is my pet peeve - if you want the candy, put in the effort!) and 2) were all polite. Our weather was fabulous so I actually expected things to get a little crazier than they did. But, yeah, I'm glad it's over, too!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i live in an apartment and the kids don't come into the building so i didn't buy any candy.

and my kids are 19 months and 5 months, so we didn't go out tot! i got off easy this year and didn't have to worry about pigging out
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I had 1/2 a medium Pumpkin Pie Blizzard, but didn't go over my calories. I have no money, so couldn't buy any candy. :laugh: I wasn't at work so I didn't have to pass any out. Yay! I do wish I could've had just one fun-sized bag of Whoppers though.