pinched nerve

Options
anyone know how to get rid of this pain?? I really need to train and to do house shores..ouch..I can't do anything..help!

Replies

• lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If t's in your back the best way I have found is to take ibprofen to ease the pain and then alternate heat and cold compresses, also lay on your back with your knees bent and elevated, lay on the floor with your bottom at the base of the couch and your knees bent and resting on the couch or ottoman cushion. :) I hope it helps I know those are no fun at all!!
  • gterrassa
    Options
    If you have a pinched nerve you beter see a doctor. In my case I just get out of surgery. Ther recovery is slow but you will feel better.
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a pinched nerve in my neck and my sciatic nerve as well. I went to a chiropractor when it became unbearable. It has helped me SO MUCH. I had to start off 3 visits per week (felt worse before it got better), now I go every other week. It will really help. I would definitely see a chiropractor ASAP!
  • maryh1974
    maryh1974 Posts: 41
    Options
    I cant seem to sit for very long cause the pain gets unbearable..but wanted to thank you all for your tips..I will try everyone of them..will start with the cold and hot compress and then chiro and if nothing works doctor..
    And what do you do when you are a mom of 5 kids all under 11 years old and that 3 of them have adhd..?? lol...might as well laugh at the situation
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    hey girl i have one in my right hip from a broken tail bone 5 years ago. doc told me i have to live with it nothing could be done. :( It is hard for me to workout because of it. hope you find something that works for you
  • maryh1974
    Options
    ouch...poor you..I still have been painting my walls all day., I have no choice , life must go on but damn....I'm sleeping on the floor tonight with my knees up.. it also helps when something is pushing on it like my fist...
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It depends where it is. I had problems with pain in my left sacroilliac joint (where the tailbone meets the pelvic bone in the very-low back). I was sent to physical therapy, and the exercises they gave me helped alot. i can still feel it some days, but it doesn't get the way of activity. that's a far cry from when it was the worst (which had me in tears).

I've never been to a chriopractor, but I know people who swear by them.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had sciatic nerve pain last year and did physical therapy it helped a lot but I still have to do things the way they showed me or it seems to hurt again. I had started back doing my exercises and that set me back because I could barely walk or bend or just about anything. Hope you feel better soon.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    If it's sciatic in nature, look in google for exercises/stretches for "piriformis syndrome". It's common and happens when a nerve compressed by the muscle that connects the inner thigh muscle to the butt/lower back muscle. I had issues with it for months until a trainer at my gym showed me how to roll on a medicine ball to alleviate the inflammation and I've been pain free since ... without any treatment, PT or chiro work necessary. Might be a place to start?

There's a good article here:
    http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/piriformis-syndrome.php
  • maryh1974
    Options
    thank you so much everyone,.you guys are awesome..thank you for all the great tips and will make sure to try them as much as possible...