I want to gain weight.

Options
I want to gain weight, purposely to be much happy for my size.
Any ideas what I should eat ? & How many times I should eat ?

I want to gain weight on my thighs and a nice firmer butt.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    If you already eat healthy, just continue what you have been doing, just eat bigger portions, and you can also add some type of shakes with your meal, you have shakes geared to people who are looking to gain weight.
  • tkounhavong
    Options
    Thanks! [:
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't think you get to pick the spots that you want the weight to appear. (I'd take bigger boobs please, if that were the case =) )But I think the formula here works the same for weight loss, maintanence, and gain. Just plug in your numbers now, and where you want to be, and when you want to get there, and it should come up with a calorie plan for you. If you want bigger thighs and butt, you need to do free weights and build muscle there. It's up to your body type (apple vs pear) where you will deposit fat, if you do it just by upping your calorie intake.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    OMG, You are 18 y.o and seeking to "Gain" weight...give it 5 more years and you will be BACK in here asking that question in reverse! Look, just learn to eat HEALTHY and STICK with that NO Matter your size. As you grow into a woman and have babies and your metabolism change and your "cravings" change you are Probably going to gain weight...HOPEFULLY it will be a HEALTHY weight gain. As for the "butt", Your Body is Your Body...it will gain or lose where it is genetically programmed to, however, you can try to "tighten" stuff up by focusing exercises in those/that area.

Just learn to eat and exercise healthy so you can have a Long, Healthy, Happy Life!
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    OMG, You are 18 y.o and seeking to "Gain" weight...give it 5 more years and you will be BACK in here asking that question in reverse!

Ditto! :happy:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    ValueMe has it dead right, you will fill out in the next year or so. I was a stupidly skinnyminny at 17, 5ft5 and 7 1/2 stone. By the time I hit 18 I had put on a stone without trying. My daughter has just filled out aged 19. I'm sure your time is coming without changing anything really.

I guess it does depend on how much you weigh and your BMI but if youre within the 17-19 range I'd say its fairly normal for a teen girl yet to fill out
  • jenkmcq
    Options
    I am also here to gain weight. 35 yo at 114lb. I consistently do not meet my recommended calorie intake (not for lack of trying) and I have yet to of met my exercise goal. I don't think I am using this program to my advantage. What I really want to know is 1. How much I should be eating each day, (right now it's 1500 cals) and how much exercise I should be getting to stay at a healthy BMI. As of today my BMI is on the low end of normal (7lbs above the danger zone). I need help figuring out how to eat and exercise in a healthy way and be able to track my progress in both areas. Is this app right for me or is there another out there that can help me?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more calorie dense foods such as peanut butter, avocado etc.
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    OMG, You are 18 y.o and seeking to "Gain" weight...give it 5 more years and you will be BACK in here asking that question in reverse! Look, just learn to eat HEALTHY and STICK with that NO Matter your size. As you grow into a woman and have babies and your metabolism change and your "cravings" change you are Probably going to gain weight...HOPEFULLY it will be a HEALTHY weight gain. As for the "butt", Your Body is Your Body...it will gain or lose where it is genetically programmed to, however, you can try to "tighten" stuff up by focusing exercises in those/that area.

Just learn to eat and exercise healthy so you can have a Long, Healthy, Happy Life!

totally agree!!! im 24 now and when i was 18 i was sooo thin!!!!!!!!! college/real world=weight!!!!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You can't choose to gain weight in your thighs or butt. Like someone said, it is already genetically programmed where you gain first. You may start eating extra and find that your stomach or face got bigger. You CAN firm your butt though doing butt exercises consistently but you cannot make it bigger on purpose.
  • kimmiesvogan
    kimmiesvogan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Trying to gain weight when you consider yourself too skinny is not something to be ashamed about. I'm almost 32 years old, 5'7 and only weigh 105lbs. I've dealt with not being able to gain weight all my life. In fact, I had a struggle trying to conceive my son 11 years ago. It took drinking protein shakes with every meal and going to the gym to get my body fat up enough for my internal systems to cooperate enough. I am again at that point. I remarried about 2 years ago and my husband and I are trying to conceive. I started weight training about a month ago and drink muscle milk at least 2 times a day. I use the food tracker to make sure I'm eating enough calories. If I'm on the low side for the day, I know to go grab something else to eat. You never know what one individual's personal life is like. I think all any of us really want is support in what we are trying to do, not criticism for doing what others think we shouldn't be doing…