How long..?

Options
I'm not sure if this has been asked on this before but I'm just starting this and was wondering how long it normally takes people to start losing the lbs? First day being proper healthy and exercised but obviously not expecting instant results! If I kept it up everyday, how long should it be before I notice changes?

Replies

• KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I notice results right away. If I follow my WOE.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    You might likely see a significant drop within the first week. It might be 5-7 lbs if you are larger. It might be 1-2 if you are smaller.

This is great, but the following week or two you might stall or even see a gain back of some of this weight. That's because your water weight might change drastically to start not to mention a possible "clean out" so to speak when switching to a healthier diet and starting to be more active. Don't expect to lose more than 1/2 - 2lbs of actual fat a week.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I don't know that anyone can answer that because we are all different.

I started feeling better in a day or two because of cutting out all the crap I was eating.

I started noticing physical changes in a week or two of diet and exercise.

The more other people noticed, the harder I worked at it... the results were their own reward.

But that was me.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I found that the pounds came off pretty quickly at first. Maybe a couple / few a week. As I near my goal, it's getting harder and harder.
  • buckigirl
    buckigirl Posts: 10
    Options
    Do inches not weight and you'll notice a lot of change more there than you will on any scale.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi ive been doing it for about 5 weeks and have inch loss as well as weight loss, i took some progress pics yesterday and can see the difference, also last week my work trousers baggy on the legs:smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It took a long time for me to notice anything because I am highly self-critical, and I just didn't see the changes everyone else saw. I'd say it took about 4 months before I felt like I looked thinner, but I started getting comments from other people after about a month of diet and daily exercise.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    It's impossible to say. Everyone is different. I saw changes on the scale after the first week but I haven't seen anything physically yet.