Is there a bulimia group?

Options
??

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I sure hope you're speaking of a recovering bulimic group. In that case... I'm sure there is somewhere on MFP. I haven't looked. :) Hope you find it.
  • Gizalba
    Gizalba Posts: 9
    Options
    Heya, I have not seen one yet, just a BED group. Let me know if you find one! I also like your signature, of being concerned primarily with eating well and being healthy each day, rather than focusing as much on weightloss goals :) xxx
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I don't belong to a group on MFP, but just want you to know that I struggled with bulemia in college (I'm 34 now, so that was many years ago for me). It was bad. And I think that's what has kept me from really achieving my weight loss goals in the last 10 years...I was always afraid I'd go back to very bad habits. Please know you are not alone and also know you can do this the healthy way!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i have suffered with this on and off since i was 16, but ive found its much much MUCH less frequent since ive been doing MFP.

This is also a MUCH more efficient way of losing weight
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Actually MFP kind of led me to bulimia

I was fine for a long time then I dieted the MFP way really successfully and lost a ton of weight...
    But then I snapped and started binging and it developed into a full-blown ED

I went to a rehab center today and for the first time was told I have bulimia nervosa.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    :(
    Im sorry to hear that.

How do you feel now you have the diagnosis.
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Kinda shocked, all this time I thought I had BED because I purge only very rarely

They want me to start attending their center but I don't know if it's possible with my school schedule because they need me there like 8 hours a day
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My purging was always with laxatives, diuretics and exercise, could never vomit.