30 day shred equipment?

Options
i'm looking to start this program and was wondering if i would need to purchase any equipment for it. let me know! :]

Replies

• sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    maybe some hand weights...but it will be fine to start with cans of baked beans or whatever you have, You may need a mat if on a hard floor. I use 1.5kg weights at the moment which are quite tough for some of the circuits.
    Good luck with it....its fantastic !!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    all you need is a mat and a pair of dumbbells (she suggests 3 lbs), my second round i used 5s
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    They use 2 small hand weights.
    I tried it the first night using 2 cans of refried beans, but ultimately went out and bought a couple 3lb dumbells the next day. I decided that if I was going to go through all that work, I wanted the best results I could get.

If you are going to be doing it on a hard surface, you may want a mat. Or you could just use a small rug if you've already got one of those.
    Good luck!
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would say a few sets of dumbells (maybe 3, 5, 10 lbs - you'll see that you can go heavier on some exercises). There will be some high impact routines so I would recommend doubling up on your mat if you live in an apartment.
  • michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have some 8lb weights from P90x...would those be too heavy? and i have a mat too! thanks for the feedback!
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have some 8lb weights from P90x...would those be too heavy? and i have a mat too! thanks for the feedback!

A lot of her exercises involve high reps so you might also want to get some lighter sets of dumbells.
  • michellerieger
    michellerieger Posts: 38 Member
    Options

A lot of her exercises involve high reps so you might also want to get some lighter sets of dumbells.

i will do that. thanks!