Tattoo Issues

Options
I'm just curious if anyone has experienced deformities in their tattoos as they lose weight?

I have a few tattoos and I'm not sure what to expect as I lose more and more weight.

-Rain

Replies

• Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I dont have any...im too big of a chicken, lol. BUT, I have had friends that have lost weight and thier tattoo's looked fine, most of them looked even better, because thier skin was over muscle now, not fat.
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    So far no usses for me...i think it depends on where they are located too.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo that after losing 70 pounds (after getting the tat, I's already lost about 90 when I got it) didn't really alter much- and I had a lot of excess skin too. I think it depends where the tattoos are vs where you lose the weight. If I'd had a belly tattoo it would have been seriously screwed up.
  • Beijos
    Beijos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where your tattoo's are. i have one on the back and one on the ankle. Those both seems to look fine whether I have gained or lost (both I have done while having the tattoos). I think it's more when you gain a lot of weight that they can look stretched but i'm not positive on this.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    seeing as you are not EXTREMLY overweight, i wouldn't think that they would deform at all. i'm pretty sure the defomity comes from sagging skin and as long as yours stays tight you should be ok. but maybe you can talk to the artist that did it and get his opinion
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Mine looks fine after I lost 25 lbs. I have a big shoulder piece. And it's really intricate
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    the biggest places that are gonna get screwed up with major weight loss are arm band tattoos, your band may not appear straight and look puckered, and around the belly button or lower stomach.

I didn't have any in these locations, so no big issue but i've had friends with bad looking ones around their belly button after losing weight
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    so far I havent had any problems with mine. Mine is on my foot though...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    if you take the weight off slowly, there should be no saggy skin...that's about all I can think that would affect it...mine are ok, just smaller :tongue:
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my arm, and gaining weight makes it look larger and losing weight it looks more "cut" and wraps around my arm like it is supposed to. But, it's never been "distorted" per say....like others have said, it probably depends on where you have it.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I had a lower back tattoo done while I was skinny when I put on weight it stretched horizontally (looked awful) now it is going back to it normal shape as I lose the weight.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    mine has a few marks on the arm from gaining muscle
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I have two on my lower arms....both are fine in fact they may even look a little nicer!!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me!! Although it's on my ankle, back and just recently got one on my foot. If they need a little tweaking I'll get it touched up or something :)
  • ajtn1994
    ajtn1994 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have tats in places where I went through two pregnancies and no issues....but no stretch marks either. Some people when they lose weight will have marks so same basic principal. So as silly as it sounds slather with Palmer's cocoa butter to minimize the marks.. it does help. :)
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    seeing as you are not EXTREMLY overweight, i wouldn't think that they would deform at all. i'm pretty sure the defomity comes from sagging skin and as long as yours stays tight you should be ok. but maybe you can talk to the artist that did it and get his opinion

I've lost 50 pounds since I got the tattoos. Who knows, I may just be imagining things, but I seem to see small light spots forming in certain parts. I guess I may just need to go get them touched up.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

I've lost 50 pounds since I got the tattoos. Who knows, I may just be imagining things, but I seem to see small light spots forming in certain parts. I guess I may just need to go get them touched up.

yeah, you're noticing the spots that your artist missed...it's especially hard when they use dark colors because when they wipe, the black just smears everywhere...just go get some touch ups, they can see the spots they missed.