Clothing swaps

Options
2»

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    wonder what shipping would be like to send this stuff?
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just donated TONS of mine to the local SPCA a few days ago......
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    would we be mailing the stuff?
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    There are groups in my area that do this locally - they get together and bring everything they have that is in good condition to swap.

They started after I had already given all my bigger clothes to a friend that was larger than me but working diligently on losing weight. Now she has moved beyond a lot of them and is handing them down to the ladies that she is mentoring. It's a great way to "pay it forward". :)
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    you can do the one rate box if you are only sending a few things, and that is pretty cheap, but only ships to the United States.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    love this idea
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    I've been doing this with a group of ladies that are on the same journey. I was very resistant to 'throwing away' my clothes, after all, I paid good money for them, I picked them out myself, and I liked them! Just because i was quickly going through sizes didn't mean I wanted those clothes to never be worn again.

I told this group that I had a bunch of (really cute) clothes that were much too big, and that's when it hit me to offer them up. They are all just starting to fit into sizes that I'm out of now, and they're really nice, new-ish clothes, so everyone wins and I don't feel like I am 'wasting' money. When they are finished with those sizes, they hand them around again :)