Hi, I'm Alexia!

Options
Hi, I'm Alexia! I'm 23 and I live in New York. I keep a healthy living blog (dimplesnatcherblog.com), which is fun especially because I've made so wonderful friends who motivate and inspire me. But I've decided to also use myfitness pal because counting calories and keeping myself accountable with eating, exercise and drinking water is really when my weight-loss happens! I use the app on my iTouch and I love it. Have a great weekend, everyone! :)

Replies

• Kezzarama
    Kezzarama Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Alexia, welcome to my fitness pal, i find this site really helpful, logging what you eat definetly makes a difference, i was surprised how much i was over eating until i started my food diary. goodluck! :happy:
  • dimplesnatcher
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! I am 49 years old and gained weight with my first child, more with my second and just kept on gaining! I am 4'10" and my small frame went from 98# to my top weight of 196# at one point! On Jan 31st 2011 after decades of playing the yo-yo game, losing, gaining more than I lost etc... At my physicians urging I had Lap-Band Surgery. I have now lost 39 pounds! I am about half way to my goal weight! I am being forced to eat small meals (which I could not sustain before) and I have learned (Finally) to eat all healthy foods! Fish, Poultry, Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, Yams, low-fat cheese wedges, string cheese, Non-fat cottage cheese, 1% Milk, Eggs (twice a week), Almonds, dried beans, Olive Oil or Non-Stick spray! NO fried foods, no sweets, no sodas, no caffeine, lower salt products, no added salt to anything I cook or eat! And as much water as I can get down! Cardio-exercise, walking, strength training! My goal is to be healthy, not skinny!

I wish you all the best for a successful weight loss endeavor! BE HEALTHY! I know you can do it!