What do you think of my diary?

Options
I am looking to loose a tiny bit of body fat but not A LOT. I still like to eat like a normal person but I'm still always under my calorie limit. So post how my diary is :) any faults, good things, suggestions how to make it better? Acknowlage me :) thanks guys!!!!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Besides being WAY under your calorie allowance each day, I noticed you leave your 'school snack' blank. Do you actually eat the 'snacks' at this time? Or do you eat nothing between 6:30 am and 2 pm? That'd be a long time to go without eating - especially after a small breakfast. It seems you are making healthy food choices, but maybe you just need to eat more of it!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you eating all your cals. I would try to eat more fruit and vegs.......
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ok here's your problem from looking at your diary:

1) CUT THE CARBS. You are eating way too many carbs especially if you want to cut down body fat. Have more lean meats and veggies. Even fruit should be limited because of the sugar and the carbs

2) EXERCISE You will never, ever, ever get your body fat low if you don't work out. It will increase your metabolism and give you the lean muscle mass you need to burn fat even when at rest.

3) EAT MORE Especially when you start exercising, you cannot be under 1,000 calories and expect to lose body fat

Do this and you will succeed.
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
    Misty how many carbs should I eat? And I absolutely agree bout veggies and fruits I will do this. And I usually don't finish my calories because I feel bloated after I eat everything meal or snack so it makes me not wanna eat
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    i think you are doing well. I see two things that could hinder your progress: 1. you arent eating a mid morning snack. Going without food for so long can slow down your metabolism. I suggest you eat your "school Snack" or eat lunch earlier. 2. You should be eating more of your calories. MFP has already built in a deficit for you to lose weight. Tyr eating a couple of calorie dense snacks like nut or peanut butter.
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    Misty how many carbs should I eat? And I absolutely agree bout veggies and fruits I will do this. And I usually don't finish my calories because I feel bloated after I eat everything meal or snack so it makes me not wanna eat

Keep your carbs at 200 max. If you start to exercise I guarantee you will get hungry enough to eat more. Also I wanted to mention sodium is also a HUGE killer. I don't see it on your diary and it was something that was really holding me back. You really want to watch the sodium. I hope this helps.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Bump good info in here
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, what's good is that you pay attention to fiber.

Otherwise, what jumps out to me is:

- Overall way too low calories. Keep your deficit more moderate for more sustainable loss (and sparing of your muscles).
    - Some have said "too many carbs", but I see it more as "not enough protein". You're eating less protein than I do, at about the same calorie intake (and I need less than you do). Cook yourself a steak once in a while, grill some fish, cook some lentils!
    - Dare I say, not enough real food? Nearly the only thing I'd classify as such is the apples, eggs, milk sometimes, pickles (!). Where are the fruit (other than the daily apple) and vegetables? Anything cooked from scratch? I'm pretty sure if you look up your sodium intake you'll be surprised!
  • MistyMtnMan
    Options
    No prob. You'll be good just stick with it.
  • RichGebs
    Options