Pizza

Options
UGHH pizza is my all time favorite food! and a friend of mine came over and was hungry and ordered a pizza...I did not have one bite!!! and I made her take it home with her..now all I want to do it order pizza :( I need to get past this craving

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I get the digorno tuscan style grilled chicken pizza. 1/3 of the pizza is 300 cal. Have that with a salad and you are good to go and you get to have your pizza and eat it too.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Are you afraid after one slice you would not be able to stop? Have you considered a veggie pizza to cut calories and fat? At least that is a start and you can work on cutting back further as you get stronger and healthier...

Good Luck, We know you can it!
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I make pizza on lo-carb tortilla crust. So delicious & low-cal.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I just odered pizza from papa jonhs...the spinach alfredo is not too bad...had it before and did not get no bloat!!
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness too!! I love Papa Murphey's take and bake pizzas and they have a whole variety of DeLite pizza's that are delicious!
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make my own with the Flatouts and they are delicious. You should try making your own so you can control what you put in it and it is so easy!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I make pizzas using the "Flat Out" wraps, they are really tasty.

YOu can also make homemade pizza, there are a ton of ways to cut calories making homemade pizza (bbq chicken pizza, YUM!) plus add a salad and it's not that bad of a meal. :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If you like homemade pizza, I make it on Flatout Bread. With the flatout bread, sauce, shredded cheese and ground turkey it's usually around 200-300 calories for half of one (obviously depending on what toppings/brands you use). I think it's good.

I say if you are craving pizza, though, go ahead and get some. Just limit yourself to one or two pieces.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    ugh, i know how you feel! and every time i see someone eating pizza on tv i get a craving. i like the idea of trying some healthier versions until you can control your cravings better. once in a great while pizza won't hurt tho. im actually having pizza tonight, but im making a point to get a smaller one and force myself to have some veggies with it. its not as fun, but it will help fill me up with good things so maybe i dont scarf as much pizza :)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a piece of pizza every now and then. For me I will only make changes that I can stick with forever, I don't deny myself pizza, because it isn't realistic that I will never eat pizza again. I instead stop with 1 piece of pizza instead of 3 or 4 like I used to have. I don't do it often, but I have found that if I tell myself I can't have it that just makes me want it more. Everything in moderation works best, for me anyway.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Homemade crusts! I go all out. Chicken, spinach, and artichoke hearts drizzled with olive oil, or BBQ chicken with red bell pepper. How's that sound? Because it's a lot healthier than anything those stores will give you!

You don't need that salt and bread and sugar. Papa Johns especially has the most calories in their dough.

Make it yourself! Takes about ten minutes in the oven once you make the dough.
  • ang83
    ang83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make your own! I use the thin crust recipe from delish and sub 1/3 of the flour with whole wheat flour. Spread your pizza sauce thin, buy 2% mozz and load it up with your favorite veggies. I use tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, spinach and garlic. YUMMY!
  • Jennifer87401
    Jennifer87401 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am one that could eat a whole large by myself!!! I dont have anything in the house currently to make a pizza, im thinking I may order a large salad and eat that 1st and wait a few min so I feel full and then only have one piece to kill the craving...I just hope I can stop at one!! :(