Making Goals early....it backfired...help?

Options
Originally I made a goal to lose 6 pounds by Nov 6. Then I bumped it up to Halloween because I lost the first couple pounds faster than I thought. (I was going by 1.5 pounds a week.) Ok, but I made that goal a week early! And then it happened...I fell off. I logged most of my calories, but not all. I only went to the gym once this week. I ate more food when I was already full, etc. I weighed-in this morning to see the damage and surprising it's only one pound.

While I'm happy that it was only one pound up (yeah...I'm not changing my ticker! Shoot me!) I know I could be two pounds down right now if I would have just had some self control. I'm getting back on NOW (I just finished by cookies) but I want to know what you do when you hit a goal early to keep from falling back or just letting yourself "maintain" that weight until your next goal.

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Originally I made a goal to lose 6 pounds by Nov 6. Then I bumped it up to Halloween because I lost the first couple pounds faster than I thought. (I was going by 1.5 pounds a week.) Ok, but I made that goal a week early! And then it happened...I fell off. I logged most of my calories, but not all. I only went to the gym once this week. I ate more food when I was already full, etc. I weighed-in this morning to see the damage and surprising it's only one pound.

While I'm happy that it was only one pound up (yeah...I'm not changing my ticker! Shoot me!) I know I could be two pounds down right now if I would have just had some self control. I'm getting back on NOW (I just finished by cookies) but I want to know what you do when you hit a goal early to keep from falling back or just letting yourself "maintain" that weight until your next goal.
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I think mini goals are awesome. Instead of thinking about maintaining your weight till your next goal just keep going with what you are doing? It's awesome to surpass your mini goal. Keep it as consistent as possible and don't worry if you go over your goal, that's never a bad thing.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a brand new day!!! Get back with the program, missy!!
    :laugh:
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Just keep on going one day at a time.

I have had weeks where I went up a pound but by the end of the month had lost it and one or two more. The most important thing is not to give up!

You still did an awesome job, you are still 5 pounds down, that is great!
    I also have been known to loose a little more weight than expected and eat more than I should have. You just have to keep on trucking ;)