Zumba Anyone?

Options
My assistant just brought me the DVD's for Zumba.

Has anyone done these videos? The 10 day plan/challenge? Were you successful? Any tips or hints?

Replies

• ANNMILLE
    ANNMILLE Posts: 8
    Options
    JUST ORDERED SOME CDS MYSELF...ANXIOUS TO GET STARTED. FOLKS I HAVE TALKED WITH LOVE ZUMBA...I SEE RESULTS ON THESE PEOPLE. LIKE MOST THINGS, IT TAKES TIME.. THINKING ABOUT STARTING A CLASS AT MY CHURCH. I WILL STICK TO IT WITH FRIENDS AROUND.. GOOD LUCK.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just started actually going to Zumba classes. I love it. I think I may buy some DVDs after this class is done (it's a 10 week class through my local Community Ed). Which DVDs do you have? Do you like them?
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Actually on my way to Zumba class right now. Fantastic workout! I burn about 550-600 calories/hour with the classes/dvds. Enjoy!
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba i am doing it tonight then off to a hot yoga class i cant believe im doing this on my friday night but with mexico in 12 weeks i got to.....
  • srast
    srast Posts: 17
    Options
    I <3 Zumba! I always do Zumba when I'm on my diets. I feel so good after doing it, and it's one of the only exercises I look forward to and can motivate myself to do. Afterwards, sometimes I have so much energy I feel like running. And I HATE running! It's weird. Last time I did Zumba and dieted I had the flattest stomach I've ever had in my life. I'm back on the wagon doing it now, almost every day, along with a healthy diet and I am loosing weight! I find it hard to lose weight, too, because I have an underactive thyroid. Give it a try! It's a lot of fun. Even if you can't do the move right just put all your energy into whatever you're doing and you will burn calories.
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I love doing it!
  • blazrchicdd
    blazrchicdd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba i am doing it tonight then off to a hot yoga class i cant believe im doing this on my friday night but with mexico in 12 weeks i got to.....

I was going to do the videos tonight before kickboxing at my local dojo - i'm in the 10lbs in April challenge and I need to step it up. My goal is 1200 calories, but I tend to eat my exercise calories too with only 200 or less to spare... cutting back that much has been too tough for me so I just have to increase the exercise calories.
  • nicoledd33
    Options
    Love Zumba! Been doing it for a couple of years. I take classes,have the dvd's and Zumba wii! I have lost inches and weight:) :love:
  • bowman752
    bowman752 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take classes 2 nights a week. Its GREAT!!!!! The DVD's are different but you still get a work out. I actually supplement my off class days with Zumba for Wii......I am totally addicted to ZUMBA:love:
  • blazrchicdd
    Options
    Zumba Wii???? Oh I'm so excited now...
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVDs and love them. I haven't started their plan yet though. I mix up Zumba with Walk At Home DVDs.
  • blazrchicdd
    Options
    I just started actually going to Zumba classes. I love it. I think I may buy some DVDs after this class is done (it's a 10 week class through my local Community Ed). Which DVDs do you have? Do you like them?

My assistant gave me the Zumba Fitness DVD set - the Total Body Transformation System! There are 4 DVD's - Basics and 20 minute express, cardio party, sculpt and tone, and Zumba Fitness Live & Flat Abs.

I'm going to start the 10 day circuit today and see how that goes in correlation with the kickboxing... hopefully I'll be further along on the April Challenge...
  • ANNMILLE
    ANNMILLE Posts: 8
    Options
    ORDERED MINE FROM QVC.. HAVENT GOTTEN THEM.. CANT WAIT