Here I go again!

Options
Hi there! I have been trying to lose the 80 added pounds that for some odd reason didn't come right off after my daughter was born a year ago! Boy is it harder to lose weight when you are closer to 40 then 30! But, I am determined to drop as much as I can before my 40th b-day in October, and this time I want to do it for me,myself and I. Seems like this is a great place to do it!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!!!:flowerforyou:

Add me as a buddy if you like!
  • lauriallen
    Options
    Oh wow your turning 40 in Oct and so am I and want to have most of my 50 lbs gone by then too. Good Luck and if you need some support/friends feel free to add me.
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! I have been signing in on this site for over two weeks now and just love the support that is offered!! Feel free to add me for support. Keep positive thoughts and you will succeed :)
  • zenefertiti
    Options
    Ive just turned 30 and find it struggle to lose baby weight from 4 years ago lol :) feel free to add me as a friend too - we all need as much support as we can get.... :)
  • MaeBlooms
    MaeBlooms Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lauriallen.

Welcome, I just started 5 days ago. doing great so far! You can do it! Best of luck! :)
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of getting older (almost 50 now) and trying to lose those extra pounds again. It does seem harder. But we also get smarter and set more realistic goals:). Was thinking you are setting the bar very high if you are trying to lose 80 lbs in about 5 months. Would hate to see you get frustrated if it comes off slower. Remember even if takes 2 years, you will still be a barely 40 year old:), which these days is like being it your mid twenties. Patience grasshopper:smile:
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    There is a LOT of support here - and a lot of people losing in different ways (different diets/ideas). Feel free to add me if you want support/encouragement.

My journey is LONG but it will be completed, and hopefully I can help others along the way.
  • bridi
    bridi Posts: 2
    Options
    WOW! Thanks SO much for all of the support already! I know I'm going to love it here!
  • lisajane2004
    Options
    Add me too if you want! I am new here but I think the best way to succeed is to have as much support as possible! :happy:
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Hi there! Just want to welcome you! I love this site and find it very helpful in many, many weighs:laugh: I really love watching my ticker change as I lose weight! That is so much incentive! The calorie counter is fantastic! The support from other members is unending! I pray you are successful in your weight loss endeavor and achieve a healthy balance in your life!

I am 49 years old, have lost 39 pounds so far and yes, I did have Lap-Band surgery to assist me, after decades of playing the yo-yo game with no success! Now it is all about eating healthy, eating small portions and exercising! I just had a hysterectomy April 1st so I have a little recovery time before I can hit the gym, but I can't wait!

I pray I reach my goal before the beginning of October as my husband and I are renewing our vows for our Silver Anniversary. WOW, 25 wonderful years!