Enter amt of calories burned

Options
Um - ok I did 10 min of areobics - light impact - but I have no idea how many calories I burned - I thought their calculations were supposed to be entered

can anyone help

Replies

• AtlantisFish
    Options
    Um - ok I did 10 min of areobics - light impact - but I have no idea how many calories I burned - I thought their calculations were supposed to be entered

can anyone help
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's 63 calories you've burned. It does calculate it, just enter "aerobics" and enter how long, then it pops up.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

can anyone help

Go to the exercise tab, click on add exercise from cardiovascular and search for aerobics. I've entered mine under aerobics, general before but there may be a light one to choose from. Enter the minutes you spent and it will calculate how many burned, then check the box and click the add to meal button and it will calculate that in your total and give you that many more calories to eat today since you should eat your exercise calories.

Many people here love their HRM's (heart rate monitor) since they are more accurate of how many calories you burned moreso than how MFP calculates it or what workout machines calculate. But I've never found myself to have enough extra money to buy one, and I use the rough estimates of MFP and have managed to lose a pretty consistent pound a week, so it can't be TOO far off.
  • AtlantisFish
    Options
    when click on it - heres whats happening

Time: 10 min
    Calories: 0
    then i hit enter

and it says

Please enter a valid number of calories.

Ok - I have no idea what I've done wrong somewhere b/c it wont calculate it for anything
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    when click on it - heres whats happening

Time: 10 min
    Calories: 0
    then i hit enter

and it says

Please enter a valid number of calories.

Ok - I have no idea what I've done wrong somewhere b/c it wont calculate it for anything

Are you sure you are on the right screen? You shouldn't have to hit enter or anything, as soon as you enter anything in the minutes box, the calorie box should calculate and then hit add to meal. If you still can't get it I would say send the same message board post on the technical questions message board, maybe there is something wrong with it. Though I just tried it on mine and it calculate just fine.
  • AtlantisFish
    Options
    I figured it out, I have to ddo this on two diff screens

but I go it ! :)

so that works

(Plus I'm doing this on ambien and tylenol 3 )
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I figured it out, I have to ddo this on two diff screens

but I go it ! :)

so that works

(Plus I'm doing this on ambien and tylenol 3 )

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: may be you need a :drinker: ]
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options

can anyone help

this site can be good I use it to work out my swimming calories

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/calories.php

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

can anyone help

GOOD for you for adding ALL your exercise into your log! It will give you motivation to do more and encouragement that you are DOING IT!!

I am so proud of you!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: